A kindergarten teacher guides young children through their first truly structured school experience that sets them on the path to elementary education. Teaching kindergarten children involves introducing them to basic academic instruction, exposing them to opportunities to develop their socialization skills and observing their behavior. Many lessons also introduce critical thinking skills and abstract concepts.
Kindergarten teachers must have the patience to work with students who need to be taught a fact or skill several times before they can comprehend or perform it. Including patience in the skills section of your kindergarten teacher job description is a good idea because children at this age are also learning the behavioral norms of a structured classroom experience.
Excellent communication skills are also necessary for a kindergarten teacher to be successful in directing students, collaborating with other school professionals and reporting progress to parents. Check out this kindergarten teacher job description for inspiration.
Kindergarten Teacher Job Summary
Use your training and experience to introduce the world of learning in our kindergarten teacher position. As an educational professional for young children, you will feel comfortable constructively enforcing school schedules and rules while creating your own lesson plans and providing a nurturing environment where children can learn. Our school supports creative learning and is looking for an enthusiastic and motivated educator to fill this position. You will report to the principal and participate in project groups with colleagues who love teaching as much as you do. School grants for CEU training are also available to our faculty and staff. Apply today to move your teaching career in a positive direction.
- Create age-appropriate lesson plans to introduce young students to reading, math, science, history and physical education subjects
- Present lessons to the entire class group as well as arrange for small group learning stations based on educational themes to address a variety of learning styles
- Teach students social skills, academic concepts, how to follow a schedule and how to comply with rules in individual and group settings to prepare for elementary education
- Make student observations regarding their strengths, abilities and areas of improvement, and report to parents and specialized educators if necessary for further testing and intervention
- Grade student work and help individual students remediate their performance to enable them to perform at grade level or higher
- Teach and enforce individualized classroom and playground rules for order and safety in the school
- Cooperate and collaborate with school administration to satisfy school objectives, including preparing students for standardized testing and health screenings
Job Skills & Qualifications
- Valid elementary teaching credential
- Patience to work full time with young students
- Exceptional communication skills with students, families and coworkers
- Willingness to participate in after school enrichment opportunities for students
- Experience in kindergarten education
As a school administrator, you have many tasks on your plate, and filling an open educator position is a time-consuming one. Now that you have written a kindergarten teacher job description that fits your vision of a great addition to your faculty, you have to give your job listing some exposure.
To get viewed by the most elementary education professionals as possible, you will want to make sure the platforms you list on are optimized for mobile devices and have a wide audience. By using MightyRecruiter, you can post jobs for free to hundreds of job boards that are mobile friendly.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
• Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
• Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
• Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!
Get a professional, candidate-centric job description quickly & easily with MightyRecruiter