A landscape architect designs the physical aspects of an outdoor space. This design process requires input from clients and people associated with the chosen site for particular projects. Designs may be created by hand or with a computer. For your landscape architect job description, be sure to include the sort of techniques you require of a new hire.
A landscape architect needs good communication skills to speak with clients and other personnel. The goal of this design process is usually to create something functional that is appealing to the eye, which requires a firm knowledge of color, texture and material strength.
You should also list what kind of software your company uses on projects because candidates may not be familiar with all types. The landscape architect job description template below is a good place to start when putting together your own document.
Landscape Architect Job Summary
Do you have a passion for the lush greens of nature and accents of texture and color? Do you enjoy turning unkempt natural areas into functional spaces? Help improve the natural beauty in the world around you by joining our professional team as a landscape architect. We need dedicated individuals who know how to design and change landscape drafts to meet client needs using both computer drafting software and pencil and paper. By joining our team, you can be involved in updating local parks, schools, hospitals, industrial complexes and residential subdivisions. You will have the opportunity to create drafts using the natural environment as a living canvas. This is a great role for anyone who loves the environment and wants to preserve and improve upon it.
- Communicate with clients, engineers and architects on landscape projects, both written and orally
- Prepare layered, visual representations of verbally described outdoor areas, present the images to clients and edit them to fit changes suggested by clients and regulatory workers
- Inspect project sites for structural and ground stability to ensure safety in final project, and make changes to the existing design as necessary
- Stay up to date on current practices and landscaping trends by engaging in continued research and education
- Put together planting schedules for clients to use after the project is done in order to maintain the style, beauty and health of the finished product
- Collaborate with local regulatory committees and legal organizations to understand laws about conservation, water use and public safety
- Follow up with clients after completion of a project to ensure satisfaction and maintain a future business contact
- Create drafts to update existing public spaces to be more environmentally and economically friendly
Job Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor of Landscape Architecture or Bachelor of Science in Landscape Architecture
- Internship with an organization in the same state
- Licensed through the Landscape Architect Registration Examination
- Experience maintaining and troubleshooting lawn equipment
- Able to use CAD software to design outdoor areas
- Capable of clearly communicating with clients
While a professional landscape architect job description is a great start to finding the perfect candidate for your job opening, don’t forget that where you post your job description is also important. Most jobseekers use a dozen or more methods to find the perfect job, so you need to be visible on every possible avenue.
Online job boards are popular areas to post jobs and search for them, so look for places where you can post jobs for free in order to maximize your visibility. You can also put your job description on your own website and social media accounts, and send out emails to existing contacts. With MightyRecruiter, you can take advantage of multiple free job postings at once to save time and energy.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
• Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
• Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
• Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!
Get a professional, candidate-centric job description quickly & easily with MightyRecruiter