Leasing consultants usually work in the real estate or property management fields and assist potential clients by showing properties and negotiating leasing contracts. They also market to promote properties for lease. A consultant may take clients to see a variety of properties and provide support in decision-making as needed.
People in this industry should have excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Your leasing consultant job description should include a combination of administrative and marketing duties for a clear picture of the position.
A leasing consultant should be able to work independently and multi-task as he or she transitions among job responsibilities. Customer service skills are highly desirable, and a strong candidate should be able to handle lease discussions objectively. Mathematic skills could also be helpful in determining lease agreements. The below leasing consultant job description may give you more guidance as you prepare your job posting.
Leasing Consultant Job Summary
Do you enjoy meeting new people and participating in open houses? If you are a real estate fan and have the skills to assist renters with finding that perfect home, we are looking for you! We are announcing our leasing consultant position with our real estate firm. You will get to know many unique people in the community as you assist clients in the leasing department to find properties for short-term and long-term rental arrangements. No day will be boring as you spend half your time in the field touring properties and the other half in-office working on administrative functions and marketing. You will be working with a company rated in the top 100 for best employee benefits packages and satisfaction.
- Work directly with clients from initial contact to signed lease agreement for rental properties, focusing on customer service, problem solving and decision making
- Identify potential homes based on client criteria and show them to clients by arranging appointments with property owners and touring structures to determine suitability
- Create marketing strategies to promote leasing prospects to the community to find renters and establish contracts for occupancy
- Organize events to attract property owners and renters for networking and sales potential for real estate agency
- Staff office on rotating basis to provide information and resolve issues through telephone and email contacts
- Work closely with marketing department to create listings, and update available properties through MLS system and company website
- Negotiate leasing agreements to the satisfaction of both parties, in accordance with state leasing regulations and real estate statutes
- Attend departmental and office meetings on a monthly basis for team building and status report sharing
Job Skills & Qualifications
- High school diploma or GED
- Excellent customer service, communication and interpersonal skills
- Organizational abilities
- Be a team player
- Speak fluent Spanish
- Previous experience as leasing consultant or in real estate
The best place to start looking for a great candidate is with an excellent leasing consultant job description. Your next step is promoting your job posting to connect with the right candidates for interviewing. You can share your opening on your company website as well as various social media platforms to reach potential applicants.
To get even more attention, you may want to post your job description on job boards online because most candidates search for employment through those channels. You could take a lot of time to share your post on job boards by yourself, but a smarter way is to use MightyRecruiter to post to free job boards all at once for your convenience.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
• Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
• Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
• Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!
Get a professional, candidate-centric job description quickly & easily with MightyRecruiter