A lodging manager is in charge of running a hotel, motel, resort or other lodging facility. Managers ensure quality is maintained in every aspect of the facility. They make sure guests are happy and have been properly taken care of. In addition, they manage staff, control inventory of supplies and uphold maintenance of the facility.
In a lodging manager job description, it is important to mention that managers must be customer service oriented. In addition, they need a strong understanding of the hospitality industry. They should be prepared to also deal with staff and facility needs.
A lodging manager needs to make sure that the facility is running smoothly and that guests are satisfied with their experience. As you create your lodging manager job description, use the following example to give you insight into what to include.
Lodging Manager Job Summary
Our family-friendly resort is looking for someone with experience in the hospitality industry and a passion for providing excellent customer service. Going above and beyond to ensure every guest is 100 percent satisfied with their experience at our resort is our goal. It is the job of the lodging manager to make this happen through careful management of the facilities and staff. You will be managing a staff of 100 employees in various areas of the resort, including the restaurant, housekeeping, front desk, service and maintenance. If you loved a fast-paced environment and helping people to have an amazing experience, then you are exactly what we need. We offer a great benefits package, along with various training events that allow you to travel all over the world.
- Greet guests and assist them with check in and check out, and be available at any time to answer questions or address issues
- Assist with meeting guest requests and ensuring that all staff provides the highest level of customer service
- Inspect rooms and common areas for cleanliness, and ensure that rooms are set up correctly for new guests and that everything is in good repair
- Schedule employees to ensure the resort is properly staffed at all times, handle any staffing issues and maintain continuous training as needed
- Manage maintenance, including scheduling and inspecting to ensure repairs are done promptly and accurately
- Create job ads, interview applicants, make hiring decisions and provide training for new employees
- Organize events being held at the resort, which may include securing entertainment, creating menus, setting up the facility, cleaning up after the event and providing a staff during the event
- Handle administrative tasks, including processing staff payroll, ordering inventory, maintaining occupancy records and filing reports with the headquarters on a regular basis
Job Skills & Qualifications
- College degree in hospitality management or a related field
- Experience in management
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Professional appearance
- Valid driver’s license
- Ability to lift, bend, twist, stand and walk for long periods of time
- Certification in First Aid and CPR
Writing a lodging manager job description that is clear, professional and engaging is just the first step to finding the right candidate. You also need to ensure that your description is seen by as many people as possible. Starting with your website and social media pages, you need to post the ad in places where it will be highly visible.
Job boards are another place where you must post your description. You want to post on as many as possible, so using MightyRecruiter can be handy. You can post jobs for free across hundreds of boards at one time, which will save you from spending hours trying to post on each board individually.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
• Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
• Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
• Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!
Get a professional, candidate-centric job description quickly & easily with MightyRecruiter