Machine feeders typically work for big industrial complexes, adding materials, ingredients or chemicals to a machine’s processes. They then have to control the machine to ensure it performs its desired function. Finally, the finished product is unloaded from the equipment, and the process is repeated.
Your machine feeder job description needs to state the importance of excellent mechanical and production processing knowledge. Great troubleshooting and repairing prowess is also going to come in handy.
Machine feeders need to be comfortable working with their hands, and they should be comfortable performing repetitive functions on a daily basis. The machine feeder job description template below offers extra insight into what needs to be included in your job listing, so consult it before writing your own.
Machine Feeder Job Summary
Do you want to work in a fast-paced environment where you will get the opportunity to work with your hands every day? Being a machine feeder can be a demanding job, but it also comes with plenty of rewards and chances to grow within the company. When working for us, you will be around highly efficient, complex machinery, so this is a great opportunity for anyone wanting to expand their knowledge of mechanical processes. After the first three months of employment, you will also be taught how to operate the company forklift, provided you have never worked with one of those before. No formal education is required, so apply today.
- Inspect materials and chemicals before they are loaded into the machinery to ensure high quality and conformance with state regulations
- Use hand tools and other devices, such as conveyors or forklifts, to load materials into the equipment
- Clean machinery when it is not in use and maintain the overall cleanliness of the warehouse area
- Inspect machinery when it is being used to make sure it is working properly and adjust when appropriate
- Transfer products from one area of the warehouse to another by using the right vehicle, which may include operating the company’s industrial truck
- Fasten products and materials to the bed of a truck before transporting to ensure they are not going to move around once in motion
- Record pertinent data into the company’s digital database daily, stating how much of a certain material was utilized and how many products were created
- Fill out paperwork routinely, stating that a machine has been inspected recently and is in good working condition
Job Skills & Qualifications
- One year of experience, although hands-on experience can be provided
- Ability to lift up to 60 pounds
- Excellent hand-eye coordination
- Basic math skills
- High school diploma or GED
- Prior experience with using a forklift and other forms of industrial machinery
Jobseekers want to find job descriptions that really speak to them and entice them to apply. Your machine feeder job description needs to accurately go over what the job will entail while also mentioning all the benefits of working for your business. However, even if you accomplish all that, you still need to advertise it in the right places.
Job boards are prevalent across the internet, but as beneficial as they are, you do not want to neglect to post your job listing on your organization’s website and social media accounts. Every site you have access to is an opportunity to promote the job opening and your business. You can even post to hundreds of job boards for free by using MightyRecruiter, which offers free job postings to business owners in every industry.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
• Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
• Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
• Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!
Get a professional, candidate-centric job description quickly & easily with MightyRecruiter