Magnetic resonance imaging technologists operate magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) machines, which scan patients’ internal organs for signs of illnesses and diseases. They must adhere to safety protocols, follow imaging procedures and share the images with patients’ healthcare providers.
Most magnetic resonance imaging technologists begin their careers as certified radiologic technologists and then undergo additional training to be qualified to operate MRI machines. In your magnetic resonance imaging technologist job description, you should specify that candidates should hold an associate degree, a radiologic technologist license and MRI training.
The best magnetic resonance imaging technologists administer proper doses of contrast dyes and obtain accurate images, so they need to be precise and detail-oriented. Because they frequently interact with ill or uncomfortable patients, interpersonal skills are also beneficial. Check out the following example for more ideas about what to include in your magnetic resonance imaging technologist job description.
Magnetic Resonance Imaging Technologist Job Summary
South Dakota Imaging Specialists is seeking a qualified magnetic resonance imaging technologist to join our team and improve patient experiences. In this position, you will investigate the sources of patient discomforts, working with their care providers to make discoveries that contribute to crucial diagnoses. Through your work, you will help people find answers and enable patients to take steps toward recovery. You will interpret testing orders, explain procedures to patients, enforce safety standards, capture quality images and report your findings to facility coordinator Jan Smith. If you take pride in your work and value precision and accuracy in your job performance, this is the perfect position for you.
- Explain test procedures to patients, administer contrast dyes and provide sedatives, earplugs and other patient comfort measures as needed
- Identify patient contraindications including the presence of pacemakers, tattoos and heart valves, and enforce safety standards when you discover problems
- Place patients on testing area and use instructions, immobilization devices and other methods to maintain proper positioning for scanning
- Take and develop quality images, create backup copies and send them to patient care providers for review
- Use advanced imagery techniques, such as functional magnetic resonance imaging and real-time organ motion tracking, to develop thorough understanding of patient health status
- Document patient visits, note observations and outcomes and send reports to physicians multiple times per day
- Train radiographic technician students and other healthcare workers on the role and use of magnetic resonance imaging technology
- Maintain magnetic resonance imaging machine by calibrating console and hardware, running performance tests and pinpointing sources of machine errors
- Create calm testing environment by gauging patient comfort levels and tailoring interactions to their needs
Job Skills & Qualifications
- Detail-oriented to ensure test accuracy
- Friendly personality capable of placing uncomfortable patients at ease
- Robust communication skills to facilitate seamless collaboration with patients’ care providers
Writing a superb magnetic resonance imaging technologist job description is only the beginning of the hiring process. Next, you must make sure the right candidates see your description by strategically distributing it to resources for job hunters. You can start by incentivizing your current employees to refer people they know. Another smart tactic is to feature your job description on your company website.
One of the best ways to connect with potential employees is to list your open positions on job boards. However, posting to numerous job boards can get expensive, not to mention that it can take hours to post on all the ones you want. Instead of hunting down one job board after another, do yourself a favor and use MightyRecruiter to post jobs for free to hundreds of boards at the same time.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
• Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
• Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
• Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!
Get a professional, candidate-centric job description quickly & easily with MightyRecruiter