Maids are responsible for the cleanliness and neatness of the environment they have been tasked to take care of, whether it is a private home or a hotel. They may have laundry and cooking responsibilities in addition to cleaning.
When you are writing your maid job description, you should point out that being a maid takes physical stamina, as all of the work is done standing or walking. A maid should also have the strength to lift, push and pull equipment and supplies throughout the day as well.
It is desirable to have a maid who is competent in time management so all assigned tasks will get done. Good interpersonal communication skills are important as well, as maids work around people at least part of the day. Consult the maid job description template to get ideas of how to write your own job description.
Maid Job Summary
Do you like to be on the move and help others maintain a pleasant home environment? You can get paid for helping homeowners keep their homes neat and clean in our maid position. Variety is built into this job because the home of each client is unique and has an individualized cleaning plan. This position will work in a small team in order to keep homes in top condition. With always changing surroundings you will never get bored. You will report to your team leader who will guide you through your first weeks as you learn the maid position. If you are a hard worker with great time management skills, we would love for you to apply for our open maid position.
- Work as a team with other maid staff, coordinating housework to get the best possible job done as quickly as possible and communicate any work environment issues to supervisory staff
- Dust all furniture, wall hangings and window blinds, periodically vacuuming drapes
- Deep clean the kitchen and all bathrooms and empty all wastebaskets and take refuse to the trash disposal for a healthy home environment
- Vacuum all carpets and rugs and occasionally shampoo them at the direction of the client
- Sweep and wash floors with a mop or powered scrubbing tool and wax if necessary to make them sparkle
- Change bed linens and towels, wash and dry them, and make beds to create cozy bedrooms
- Pick up extra cups, glasses, newspapers and books and put them in their proper areas to tidy the house and present an organized environment
- Wash windows, ceilings, and walls and wash and polish woodwork as needed
Job Skills & Qualifications
- Customer Service oriented
- Legally authorized for work in the United States and have a clean background check
- Dependable and hard working
- Able to lift up to 30 pounds
- Comfortable working in homes with pets
- Available occasional Saturdays
Now that you have written an enthusiastic and engaging maid job description, how do you get it the attention it deserves? Now more than ever, job applicants are using multiple venues to find their next job. They are using social media platforms, peer networks and job boards.
You want venues that are mobile device friendly and will deliver traffic to your job description. If you are looking for a place where you can post jobs for free that will reach hundreds of job boards at once, you can use MightyRecruiter and reap the rewards of having your job description distributed widely.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
• Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
• Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
• Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!
Get a professional, candidate-centric job description quickly & easily with MightyRecruiter