Maintenance workers are responsible for fixing and maintaining components of mechanical equipment, buildings and machines. Depending on the specific job, these workers may perform flooring or wall repairs, paint and maintain heating and air conditioning, or maintain plumbing and electrical systems. Maintenance workers can even repair roofs, doors, windows and woodwork and perform groundskeeping duties.
On your maintenance job description, it is important to highlight the skills needed for the job. For example, maintenance workers must have excellent dexterity to perform maintenance and repair tasks such as using hand tools, repairing small devices and connecting components. Good hand-eye coordination is a must.
Additionally, maintenance workers should have good communication and customer service skills because they typically interact with customers regularly. Troubleshooting abilities are also important because these individuals find, diagnose and address problems. Use the maintenance job description template below to see how to incorporate essential parts.
Maintenance Job Summary
Do you seek a position where you can put your knowledge of buildings and repair skills to use? If so, you might fit in well as a maintenance worker with our company. In this role, you will get to take a look at problems regarding HVAC systems, plumbing, walls, floors and several other building components to determine and implement the best solutions. Additionally, you will perform various landscaping duties and ensure grounds are neat and beautiful. This role is great for anyone with excellent motivation and customer service skills looking to make the best of their abilities and work for a company that rewards hard work and a job well done.
- Repair structures, machines and equipment using tools such as saws, hammers, hoists, wrenches and drills and ensure work is done correctly as well as safely
- Perform general cleaning tasks of properties and buildings such as trash removal, sweeping and mopping, ensuring exceptional neatness for every shift
- Carry out corrective, preventative and emergency maintenance on electrical components, plumbing and property facilities
- Analyze problems and tasks and ensure the availability of the necessary tools and materials needed to complete the work sufficiently
- Repair or replace doors, walls, windows and flooring as needed and perform various other basic carpentry tasks
- Ensure security and safety in all buildings and report to the supervisor immediately on any safety hazards
- Maintain and repair lawn equipment as required and perform stump and brush removal, debris cleanup and tree and shrub maintenance
- Diagnose mechanical problems with equipment and determine solutions, utilizing blueprints, parts catalogs and repair manuals as needed
Job Skills & Qualifications
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Willingness to complete on-the-job training
- Ability to lift 50 or more pounds
- Experience using hand tools
- Knowledge of building, fire and OSHA regulations
- Janitorial and groundskeeping experience
- Previous work maintaining and utilizing heavy machinery
- Blueprint reading experience
You may have created the best possible maintenance job description out there, but it will not be effective if you don’t post it in the right places. Writing the description is just the first step when it comes to attracting talented candidates who will do the job well. Remember, applicants look in various places online when seeking jobs. When posting your job description, use your company website and social networks to reach out to potential employees. Your description also needs to be easy to locate if you want to find the right candidates.
When it comes to effectively reaching your goal of hiring an outstanding employee, online job boards are a huge asset. With the help of MightyRecruiter, you can start the candidate finding process off right with free job postings to hundreds of online boards all once.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
• Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
• Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
• Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!
Get a professional, candidate-centric job description quickly & easily with MightyRecruiter