Marketing analysts are responsible for studying market conditions to assess the potential sales of products and services. Their goal is to help companies determine what products are in demand, who will purchase the products and the price they are willing to pay. Their duties include forecasting and monitoring sales trends, gathering consumer and competitor data, preparing reports for management and utilizing statistical software for data analysis.
On your marketing analyst job description, emphasize the qualities that are crucial for these professionals to have. For example, marketing analysts must have excellent analytical skills, as their duties consist of studying and assessing large amounts of data.
Critical thinking and communication skills are also essential for marketing analysts because they communicate with management and clients regularly and devise solutions. Below, you will find a helpful marketing analyst job description template to get you started.
Marketing Analyst Job Summary
If you enjoy rewarding challenges, researching and coming up with effective solutions, you will fit in excellently as a marketing analyst with our full-service, client-oriented market research company. In this position, you will spend your days surveying information, creating client reports, summarizing data with graphs and tables and overseeing the training of new team members. You will additionally have the opportunity to create and conduct the analysis of research projects, design surveys and lead client meetings with media team members to present survey design ideas and results. If you are detail oriented with outstanding analytical abilities, this role will be great for you.
- Prepare reports on findings while illustrating data with graphs and translating complex results into written texts that are clear and understandable
- Devise and assess procedures and methods for data collection, including opinion polls, surveys and questionnaires
- Gather information on competitors, and conduct analysis on their sales, prices and methods of distribution and marketing to thoroughly learn about the competition
- Conduct research regarding marketing strategies and consumer opinions while collaborating with statisticians, marketing professionals and pollsters
- Track and forecast trends in sales and marketing, and analyze in detail the data collected to provide management with thorough reports and results
- Collect and analyze data regarding customer preferences, demographics, buying habits and needs to better identify market potential and factors influencing product demand
- Attend staff conferences in order to provide management with proposals and information on the distribution, promotion, pricing and design of products and services
- Measure the effectiveness of advertising, marketing and communications strategies
Job Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or a related field
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to multitask well
- Strong background in Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint
- Previous experience in market research
- Knowledge of software applications including SAS and SPSS
- Experience with various survey tools
If you have completed your marketing analyst job description with all the necessary information, you have successfully completed the first step of the journey. Step two involves figuring out where the best places will be to post your well-written description. Placing it where potential candidates will look is key, so make use of your social media accounts and your company website for posting. Referrals from employees who currently work for you are also a useful way to locate candidates.
One of the best and most popular ways to reach out to potential talent is to post your description to online job boards. While posting to online boards can be a time-consuming task, MightyRecruiter can help by allowing you to post to free job boards at once.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
• Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
• Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
• Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!
Get a professional, candidate-centric job description quickly & easily with MightyRecruiter