The job description of a marketing associate can include numerous different responsibilities relevant to the marketing field. Depending on the company, associates may spend the bulk of their time working in outside sales and product promotion, marketing analytics, copywriting or the development of new marketing strategies.
In some cases, marketing associate jobs are lower-level or entry-level positions suitable to recent college graduates, but many companies will expect a higher level of experience. Be sure to include the amount of education and experience required in the job skills and qualifications section of your marketing associate job description.
Because marketing associates are typically required to produce ad copy and strategy plans, it’s important that they have strong written communication abilities. Include that along with the other significant requirements in your listing. For more ideas and tips on what to include in your marketing associate job description, see the example below.
Marketing Associate Job Summary
Join our company as a marketing associate and you’ll be part of small team that works closely to analyze marketing strategies and develop new marketing programs aimed at increasing sales and company growth. You’ll assist in shaping the upcoming marketing strategies for all our new and existing products and help ensure that customers get to know and love our brand. You’ll also get the chance to take charge of producing marketing materials, including writing advertising copy and blog entries, posting to company and product social media accounts and creating email-marketing initiatives. If you have a creative mind and the desire to push yourself to help build our brand identity from the inside out, this is the job for you.
- Work with the marketing team to analyze current marketing strategies and develop new and improved marketing practices
- Write daily social media posts and weekly blog posts relating to your assigned products, and complete other writing jobs as assigned, including direct-marketing emails and ad copy
- Take part in the creation of new marketing programs and develop materials to support those programs
- Use Google Analytics to examine how our online marketing practices are working and make suggestions for changes based on your findings
- Represent the company and promote our products by working our booth at industry conferences and trade shows
- Use customer data to determine changing customer demographics and suggest ideas for expanding our key demographic base
- Prepare press releases and announcements related to new product launches and any other changes in the company
- Review and edit teammates’ marketing copy for grammatical correctness and appropriate style, and accept and apply constructive criticism from others on your own writing
Job Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing or a related field
- Strong communication skills and outgoing personality
- Creative problem-solving skills
- Two years’ experience in a marketing position
- Knowledge of best SEO practices and Google Analytics
- Experience managing corporate social media accounts
A strong marketing associate job description will bring the best candidates to your door, but only if they see your job posting in the first place. In order to locate jobseekers, you can start by posting on your company website and local media outlets to reach candidates who are already in your area or have some knowledge of your company.
To cast a wider net, though, it’s important to share your job listing on the major online job boards. Deciding where to include your listing and posting to each site individually can be a real hassle, but not if you use MightyRecruiter. Allowing for hundreds of free job postings across the internet, MightyRecruiter makes the task quick and easy.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
• Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
• Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
• Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!
Get a professional, candidate-centric job description quickly & easily with MightyRecruiter