Marketing interns are individuals who are trying out a career in marketing or adding experience to their resume at a very early stage. Interns are often college-aged or have just finished a bachelor’s or master’s degree. Marketing interns will assist with marketing products and services, but they will generally handle less critical marketing tasks than marketing managers, coordinators or assistants, and they may try out a variety of different marketing areas for experience.
Marketing interns will need to have an interest in marketing and show that they have or are developing fantastic communication and creative abilities. Be sure to ask for this in a marketing intern job description.
Often, people who are completing or have just completed communications, public relations, journalism, business or marketing degrees make fitting marketing interns. Look over the marketing intern job description here to get a sense of what else to specify in a posting.
Marketing Intern Job Summary
You won’t be going on coffee runs for the office in a marketing internship with our company. Interns here work hard, move fast and learn constantly as they cycle through various marketing specializations. If you’re looking for an internship that you can be proud of and that will impress future employers, contact us today. As our intern, you will get to contribute to real marketing strategies and campaigns, conduct pivotal research and have your voice heard by the rest of the team, including our marketing manager and marketing director. Wherever you end up focusing your marketing energies, an internship with us will provide you with an excellent baseline of knowledge for all marketing areas, including product creation, pricing strategies, placement and a heavy focus on promotion.
- Conduct research as assigned by marketing manager or director on audience trends, and present findings to supervisors
- Observe and assist the marketing director and manager with pricing strategies
- Participate regularly in brainstorming sessions for the development of marketing campaigns, and take detailed notes of meetings
- Own one social media account, including the initial strategy creation and daily posting and engagement activities
- Research, plan and execute one marketing campaign over the period of a year under the direction and supervision of the marketing manager
- Follow up on the outcome of said campaign, and prepare a presentation going over the highlights
- Attend two trade shows per year and provide all administrative support necessary for marketing manager and director, including managing marketing materials, scheduling meetings and watching the company’s booth at times
- Carry out administrative and data entry-related tasks, and maintain organized files for marketing team
Job Skills & Qualifications
- Completing or have completed a degree in a related field such as business, public relations or journalism
- Passion for learning and growing in the marketing field
- Demonstrated communication and creative skills (educational examples accepted)
- Ability to work well on a team
- Past internships in marketing
- Portfolio of past projects/campaigns worked on
It’s hard to find great job candidates these days, even for internship positions. Even when you have a flawless marketing intern job description, you still have to think about how to attract the notice of those high-performing young marketers. Though many people check company websites and social media profiles for job postings, you cannot always expect the ideal candidate to find you by themselves.
For the best possible hiring outcomes, your job description needs to be in multiple online locations that candidates will be checking. Job boards are very popular places to find employment and internships, so why wouldn’t you improve your chances of being seen with MightyRecruiter? You can quickly post jobs for free and get listed in tons of locations at once.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
• Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
• Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
• Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!
Get a professional, candidate-centric job description quickly & easily with MightyRecruiter