A marketing specialist conducts research on specific markets at the local, regional and/or national level. He or she gathers information about competitors, pricing and more to help forecast sales of products or services and to develop marketing campaigns.
An undergraduate degree is usually needed in this role, so be sure to include it as a required skill in your marketing specialist job description. The field of study can vary from communications to math, statistics or computer sciences. A marketing specialist needs strong communication skills to gather information, analyze data and present results to clients.
Analytical and critical thinking skills are also needed to understand sizable amounts of data and use that information to determine a marketing strategy for clients. Look at the example below for a better understanding of what is needed to create an attractive marketing specialist job description.
Marketing Specialist Job Summary
Do you have an eye for marketing? Are you passionate about what makes customers buy products and service? If so, we are seeking a qualified marketing specialist with an enthusiasm for conducting marketing research into customer needs, buying habits and trends. You will be an important member of the marketing team, helping to develop and execute a variety of campaigns aimed at branding, product promotion and more. Put your passion to good use as you use effective marketing principles, tools and tactics. We reward excellent work with a competitive salary and benefits package, as well as the opportunity to develop your own campaigns and exercise creative control.
- Collect data on market competitors, including prices, product sales and sales campaigns, as well as marketing and distribution methods
- Gather and analyze information on customer needs and preferences, as well as demographics and buying habits, with the goal of identifying potential markets for sales
- Develop reports and presentations on findings, create graphics to illustrate important information and translate complex findings and materials into easy-to-understand text
- Develop and execute marketing initiatives to appeal to target audience using appropriate channels such as email, social media and traditional media
- Brainstorm with team members to develop creative ideas for promotional events and campaigns, and liaise with third-party vendors to execute successful events
- Develop means of measuring effectiveness of marketing and promotional campaigns, including advertising and communications strategies
- Attend and contribute to staff conferences to educate management about research findings and discuss proposals for branding and promoting products
- Forecast and track trends in marketing and sales, monitor industry statistics and follow trends in trade literature
Job Skills and Qualifications
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills for working with others and liaising with external groups and vendors
- Ability to analyze data and make decisions based on your findings
- Undergraduate degree from accredited university with emphasis in communications, statistics, math or computer science
- Ability to create graphic illustrations of complex data using Adobe InDesign software
- Experience managing promotional budgets
Creating an appealing marketing specialist job description is just the beginning of the hiring process. To gather the most qualified candidates, you need to make sure they see the announcement by posting it to a variety of job boards, such as Indeed.com and Monster.com. It can be a time-consuming process, but it’s a necessary one. Today’s jobseekers visit an average of 17 websites during a job search.
Be sure to cover all your bases by posting the job to company social media sites and your career page on the company website. Employees can be another great way to get the word out to qualified applicants, so ask them to post the announcement to their own social networks. Get your candidate search off to a great start and save time by using MightyRecruiter to post jobs for free to hundreds of boards at once.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
• Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
• Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
• Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!
Get a professional, candidate-centric job description quickly & easily with MightyRecruiter