Math teachers educate students ranging from elementary school to high school. Every day, they are expected to instruct their students in mathematic curriculum that will eventually lead to their preparation for college entrance exams such as the SATs. They are also expected to teach their pupils in ways that will capture their attention and allow them to enjoy the subject matter.
You’ll need to highlight requirements in your math teacher job description, such as a bachelor’s degree. Priority is usually given to candidates who have obtained their degree in education with a specialty in mathematics. No matter the case, experience in the subject matter is required.
Math teachers are faced with the job of helping their students’ problem solve and have the ability to complete mathematical concepts. Check out the math teacher job description template below to have a better idea of elements you can include in your personal write-up.
Math Teacher Job Summary
Are you looking for a math teacher position where seeing students succeed doesn’t stop at the classroom door? Right School is looking for a passionate math teacher for the 2017/2018 school year who will not only teach students mathematics but also represent the school on and off campus. You will have the opportunity to implement mathematical programs that build the knowledge and confidence of your students and see their growth. You will also utilize your interpersonal skills as you act as a liaison between the principal and vice principal, and parents and guardians to ensure comments and concerns are communicated and resolved in a timely fashion. If you enjoy positively influencing the lives of children while pursuing a gratifying career, this is the job for you.
- Ensure your pupils achieve learning outcomes that are above average in the subject of mathematics by instructing students in a clear, concise and fun way, and regularly preparing lesson plans that are engaging and incorporate the curriculum
- Incorporate the school’s objectives into your curriculum by remaining up to date with mission and initiatives
- Attend staff development days to improve your skills and receive help and feedback from colleagues
- Regularly communicate with parents and legal guardians regarding child’s performance, track and record student progress and keep records up to date for progress reports and report card conferences
- Review curriculum needs and execute plans for improvement, and provide tutoring and additional support
- Act as a role model by making your students feel motivated while maintaining an approachable personality
- Attend school events to better understand student interest and personalities outside of the regular classroom, build strong relationships with your students and aid in the strengthening of their self-confidence while inspiring them to achieve high goals
- Perform other duties and tasks as assigned
Job Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in education or related field
- Expertise in the field of mathematics
- Experience teaching in a classroom environment
- Ability to communicate effectively with all staff and colleagues
- Flexibility and high adaptation skills to work successfully in an unpredictable school setting
- Organization and communication skills
- Master’s degree
You’ve successfully finished writing your math teacher job description. Great job. After you make sure it includes everything you want and make all of your revisions, you’re moving in the right direction. This is the first step in enticing candidates to fill the math teacher position. Although it is one of the most important steps, you’ll still be required to post to job boards that are known for attracting the best kinds of job seekers.
There are many places on the web where hiring managers can post positions. Some of these include sites such as Craigslist, Facebook and LinkedIn. However, sites like these may bring you a large number of unwanted candidates. You may be better off posting to job boards where people you want to hire will see it. Post jobs for free by using MightyRecruiter, where you can post jobs to hundreds of job boards all at once.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
• Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
• Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
• Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!
Get a professional, candidate-centric job description quickly & easily with MightyRecruiter