Mechanical engineering technicians perform various tasks to assist mechanical engineers in the designing, developing, testing and manufacturing of devices such as engines, tools and machines. Mechanical engineering technicians are generally responsible for creating sketches, recording data, making estimates and reporting their findings. Sometimes, mechanical engineering technicians may test and inspect equipment and work with mechanical engineers to reduce production issues.
When creating the skills section of your mechanical engineering technician job description, you may want to highlight the importance of communication skills and creativity. The responsibilities of the role include clearly explaining why changes need to be made to test procedures or designs.
Mechanical engineering technicians are responsible for bringing designs to life. Creative skills and problem-solving abilities are must-haves. To get an idea of how to include these points in your mechanical engineering technician job description, check out the example below for guidance and insight.
Mechanical Engineering Technician Job Summary
Are you looking for an opportunity to contribute to technological breakthroughs? If you are a mechanical professional who enjoys transforming plans into world-changing devices, you might be the perfect person for our mechanical engineering technician job opening. You can realize your full potential as our mechanical engineering technician. Supporting our team of engineers, you will be directly involved with new product introductions and improvement activities. We will afford you numerous opportunities to push the boundaries and challenge your abilities. Become a member of our creative and collaborative team and reap the benefits of advancement opportunities, top-notch training and competitive salaries.
- Read, interpret and evaluate existing designs to complete packages, installation checklists, illustrations, machine part lists and specifications of production equipment
- Devise, create and assemble modified or new mechanical components for equipment and industrial machinery with CAD-based formats
- Analyze test results for design specifications and objectives and modify equipment to meet existing and new guidelines
- Propose changes in methods of design, manufacturing and assembly, and provide modification suggestions to technicians
- Review project blueprints and instructions to verify test procedures, equipment specifications and objectives
- Supervise, direct and train contract engineering technicians, maintenance staff and outside contractors throughout all aspects of installation and conversion, including construction, demolition, testing and debugging of production equipment
- Submit test results to technicians and engineering department staff and recommend adjustments in test methods, designs or materials
- Analyze and calculate corrections for equipment installation practices to maximize efficiency, enhance installation schedules and reduce costs; report data to engineering staff for approval
Job Skills & Qualifications
- Associate’s degree in engineering, manufacturing technology or related area of study
- Ability to operate tools and machinery, including screwdrivers, power grinders, welding equipment, calipers and amplifiers
- Intermediate knowledge of CAD software
- Experience with analytical, scientific and industrial control software
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, manufacturing technology or related area of study
Now that you have an idea of how to write a mechanical engineering technician job description, you can get started on attracting and engaging the best candidates for your open position. Writing the job description is only the first step to hiring an all-star candidate. Once you create your description, it’s time to post your open position where qualified candidates will notice.
Post your job description on your company’s website and social networks to maximize the exposure of your posting. You might even want to encourage your current employees to inform their contacts of the job opening. Another great strategy is posting your description on online job boards. Some employers are intimidated by the number of job boards and the amount of time it would take to post on them individually. With the help of MightyRecruiter, you can take advantage of free job postings to hundreds of boards at once.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
• Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
• Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
• Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!
Get a professional, candidate-centric job description quickly & easily with MightyRecruiter