With the medical and health services manager job description template provided here, you’ll see exactly how to craft and create a job posting that’s both appealing and enticing to candidates. You’ll rely on a manager to fulfill such tasks as improving overall health services efficiency and creating departmental goals.
Medical and health services managers fill administrative roles in healthcare facilities. In some instances, they may manage small outpatient clinics, while in others, they may be tasked with leading entire departments or facilities within a large healthcare network. Their primary role is to handle all non-clinical tasks to help ensure clinical providers have the resources needed to deliver patient care.
Strong leadership skills are required to manage healthcare operations and ensure compliance with federal regulations. The medical and health services manager job description template shows you how to solicit such skills through a job listing.
Medical and Health Services Manager Job Summary
Our organization is seeking an experienced medical and health services manager to help continue our tradition of providing outstanding care to the members of our local communities. Specifically, our ambulatory surgical center offers a team of esteemed clinical and non-clinical professionals looking for a leader to help guide and direct them in meeting the needs of patients while also incorporating new technologies into our daily workflow. In this position, you’ll report directly to our regional chief medical officer and have access to all the resources and support of our entire healthcare network. You’ll have the opportunity to direct all your facility’s marketing and community outreach efforts and to coordinate with local institutions of higher learning to coordinate groundbreaking research.
- Direct the daily operations of ambulatory surgical center, coordinating clinical workflow and supervising all financial and resource management
- Coordinate with clinical department managers to ensure continuous access to safe and sterile surgical suites and that preparation and recovery areas have the resources required to care for patients and their families
- Work with inventory management teams and financial analysts in ordering and maintaining sufficient volumes of surgical equipment and supplies
- Develop marketing strategies and community outreach programs in conjunction with public relation team
- Supervise the negotiations between contracting department and insurance providers to help guarantee reimbursement is sufficient to cover the costs of patient care
- Delegate tasks to appropriate clinical and non-clinical department managers as appropriate
- Participate in discussions with clinical researchers looking for sponsorship or partnership opportunities to advance medical research projects
- Prepare and deliver status and progress reports to executive board detailing operational efficiencies and progression towards corporate initiatives, as well as identifying areas needing improvement and suggestions for asset reallocations
Job Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in business or healthcare administration, accounting, or related field from accredited four-year institution
- Five years of experience in management or corporate planning
- Two years of experience in corporate finance and resource management
- Demonstrated leadership and communication skills
- Master’s degree
- Prior experience in healthcare management or clinical operations
- Working knowledge of healthcare regulatory compliance standards
With your familiarity with the requirements demanded from your position and the medical and health services manager job description template to guide you, you have the tools needed to create an outstanding listing. Once it’s completed, the task of matching your listing to the ideal candidate begins. When seeking applicants to fill management positions, it may be wise to work with a recruiting service to help direct your listing towards the right candidate pools.
Yet just because your listing is looking for a particular type of applicant doesn’t mean you should limit your search. The right recruiting services can offer you the benefit of targeting specific applicant groups while still exposing your listing to as many parties as possible. With partners such as MightyRecruiter, you get access to free job posting across several channels, which greatly increases your odds of finding the right candidate for your management position.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
• Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
• Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
• Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!
Get a professional, candidate-centric job description quickly & easily with MightyRecruiter