To produce a more effective medical equipment preparer job description, you should begin examining what people do in this job. Individuals in this position typically work in a lab or medical office and clean or set up medical equipment. They help maintain the equipment in top working order and follow all industry sanitizing standards.
Most medical equipment preparers have at least a high school diploma. There are also many in this job who hold certificates in the field from community colleges or vocational training programs. Employers may expect candidates have experience in the field.
The ideal person in this position should have a strong attention to detail. They also need to have an understanding of the medical field and industry terminology. Below, you can get a better idea of additional things to consider before writing your job posting by looking at the medical equipment preparer job description template.
Medical Equipment Preparer Job Summary
Are you seeking an opportunity in a fast-growing industry that will have you encountering interesting challenges and unique situations each day? We are hiring someone to fill a medical equipment preparer position in our medical research laboratory facility dedicated to investigating new treatments for cancer. In this role, you will be assisting other medical staff with keeping equipment for research studies clean and prepped for each task. You will use standards developed by the industry and recommended by the manufacturer to keep equipment operating at peak condition. This position also offers the right person many opportunities for advancement in this field.
- Use deep cleaning devices, such as steam autoclaves to sanitize medical equipment and maintain a record of each cleaning cycle and the condition of the machine
- Sanitize all medical instruments used during procedures and get them ready to be further cleaned in special devices each day
- Manage the stock of surgical tools and other medical instruments and have items set up and ready for medical staff to use during procedures
- Evaluate all medical equipment for acceptable working order and identify components that need repair or refurbishment
- Set aside equipment that is inoperative or defective to be reviewed by supervisory staff or to be replaced
- Create an inventory of all medical devices, instruments and equipment and keep the inventory records updated when items are used, sent out for repair or replaced
- Update cleaning supplies and sanitizing equipment to meet all medical equipment cleanliness standards according to regulations for safety
- Enroll in monthly staff development programs related to laboratory research equipment technology developments and standards
Job Skills & Qualifications
- Possession of a high school diploma or an equivalency certificate
- Ability to follow all appropriate safety and industry standards
- Uncompromising attention to detail
- Completion of a certificate program in medical equipment preparation
- Experience working in the medical research field
Taking the time to get your medical equipment preparer job description right can pay off handsomely in your search for the perfect new hire. The more detailed your job posting is, the greater chance you have of attracting the perfect match for your organization.
After the job posting writing has been completed, you’ll then need to figure out your strategy for publishing your job description. Today’s employment market means you’ll need an effective way of harnessing the power of the internet to reach the most potential job applicants. Taking lots of time to individually post to each job site is not realistic for most hiring managers or human resources departments. A better way to post jobs for free is to get help from MightyRecruiter, which can simplify your posting process and improve your results.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
• Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
• Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
• Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!
Get a professional, candidate-centric job description quickly & easily with MightyRecruiter