Medical equipment repairers evaluate and fix medical equipment that is exhibiting problems. They perform their repairs on numerous types of devices, from diagnostic machinery to automatic operating tables. They work in settings such as dentists’ offices, health centers and hospitals.
Your medical equipment repairer job description should mention that the most desirable candidates are those with at least an associate degree in biomedical equipment technology or engineering. With this degree, most candidates will have the knowledge and training necessary to accurately diagnose issues and perform the necessary repairs.
In addition to technical and mechanical skills, medical equipment repairers need to be strong communicators so they can obtain all the information they need to pinpoint problems. They should also be persistent enough to see complicated tasks through to the end. To learn more about the makings of the perfect medical equipment repairer job description, check out the following example.
Medical Equipment Repairer Job Summary
Parkington Hospital is seeking a hardworking addition to our medical equipment repair team. As a medical equipment repairer, you will perform routine equipment maintenance, respond to help calls from departments throughout the hospital, troubleshoot the sources of equipment malfunctions and either fix the equipment on-site or remove it to perform more complex repairs. In this position, you will have the daily opportunity to conquer challenges while making the lives of other people healthier and safer. After you have proven your skill in the profession, you may also be paid to obtain advanced certifications. You will report to John Jones, head of Parkington Hospital’s Maintenance and Installation Department.
- Develop equipment maintenance schedules and carry out daily maintenance tasks to keep equipment performing optimally
- Test and analyze failing or broken medical equipment, referring to manufacturer instructions as guidelines and making use of appropriate testing instruments
- Determine sources of disrepair, develop plans for resolving the issues and implement solutions using welding tools, power tools, hand tools, calibrators and other repair devices
- Update and repair medical tools and machinery by interpreting and following procedures presented in blueprints, schematics and manuals
- Collaborate daily with other medical equipment maintenance team members to ensure that duties are properly allocated according to specialty areas and scheduling needs
- Contribute to departmental organization by recording repair incidents, following up with previous repairs and tracking maintenance schedules
- Advise medical professionals on best practices for equipment use to minimize the occurrence of breakdowns and prolong the lives of the machines
- Recommend ideal equipment purchases to administrators at the end of each quarter to help uphold outstanding reputation of hospital
Job Skills & Qualifications
- Previous experience diagnosing and repairing mechanical or electronic equipment
- Ability to understand mechanical drawings and diagrams
- Experience using tools including levels, drills, high voltage meters, pressure gauges and oscilloscopes
- Effective communication skills to facilitate accurate exchange of information
- Associate degree in biomedical equipment technology or engineering
- Familiarity with medical equipment software and collaboration databases
As important as it is to write a great medical equipment repairer job description, it is only the first step in finding and hiring outstanding employees. Next, you must post your job description in places where desirable candidates will see it. Be aware that social networks can be excellent recruiting tools, and your own employees may also be fruitful resources for connecting with talent.
No matter what other recruiting platforms you use, job boards are an almost surefire way to find strong candidates. As lucrative as job boards can be, though, posting to one after another can eat up a lot of your valuable resources. Fortunately, you can use MightyRecruiter to post jobs for free to hundreds of boards at the same time.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
• Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
• Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
• Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!
Get a professional, candidate-centric job description quickly & easily with MightyRecruiter