Medical scientists design and carry out studies aimed at investigating, preventing, treating and curing human diseases. While fulfilling this goal, they are required to analyze samples and information for pathogens, toxicity and the effect of chronic diseases and interpret what their findings indicate. The job is often carried out with little supervision.
There are important skills your medical scientist job description should include to attract the most qualified candidates. Your ideal candidate needs to be able to think critically while designing research experiments and must have top-notch analytical skills to correctly interpret data sets and perform statistical calculation.
Medical scientists are also required to communicated efficiently with patients and the team they are overseeing while performing their duties. Review the medical scientist job description template below to get a better understanding of what information you should include in your own job post.
Medical Scientist Job Summary
Do you love being on the cutting-edge of research that could potentially impact the lives of millions of people? Are you keenly aware of recent advances in medical science that could be further explored for their benefit to human beings? We are searching for a medical scientist to fill the role of leader in our clinical research department. You will be working independently and as an expert in your field while you partner with physicians and your team to accomplish your goals. As a team leader, you will be able to focus your research on areas that are important to you and that you believe hold the most value and potential.
- Design and oversee extensive studies aimed at investigating, preventing and treating human disease through applying analytical and complex problem-solving skills
- Conduct trials and research to determine the best methods, procedures and instrumentation for medical application depending on the goal of the individual research trial
- Gather, analyze and interpret data according to study goals, and compile results for a clear view of study outcomes in preparation for publication
- Adhere to strict safety guidelines and procedures to ensure proper treatment of patients and the integrity of all results as required by ethical and legal authorities
- Study the physiological processes and health of humans to gain a deeper understanding of how the body behaves when presented with disease and injury
- Write, edit and publish research findings in scientific journals and, potentially, journals aimed at the general public
- Evaluate how drugs, gases parasites, pesticides and microorganisms affect the human body at different levels of exposure
- Work independently and as a team leader to complete both medium and large complexity projects on specific timelines
Job Skills & Qualifications
- PhD, master’s or professional degree in a scientific field
- Experience managing and analyzing clinical trial results
- Ability to sit for long periods of time
- Ability to communicate effectively and efficiently with coworkers and patients for best results
- Experience working successfully with limited supervision
- Project management experience
- Experience with BioArray Software Environment BASE, MediSave and HybridAI
When you are looking for the best candidates, including a great medical scientist job description in your posting is only the first step towards achieving your goal. Posting the job description in the proper places for maximum exposure is also essential, as it gives the most qualified individuals the greatest chance of seeing it and responding.
There are plenty of places to seed your job description, including online boards, social networks and even your own company website. While job boards are considered the most beneficial place to include a post, it can be time consuming. Cut down on the time you devote to the process by using MightyRecruiter to post jobs for free on hundreds of boards at once.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
• Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
• Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
• Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!
Get a professional, candidate-centric job description quickly & easily with MightyRecruiter