Merchandise displayer is a retail position that entails creating attractive displays within a store to highlight important products. These employees often work with the store manager to determine what the layout should be. They also attend trade shows and help set up the company’s booth.
Merchandise displayers need to be creative and capable of communicating potentially complex ideas to others. Your merchandise displayer job description should mention the need for good spatial cognizance so the new hire knows he or she needs to be able to work with a limited amount of space.
Customer service skills will come in handy because displayers routinely set up displays while the store is open, so they should still offer assistance when it is necessary. Examine the merchandise displayer job description below to see for yourself what should go into an effective write-up.
Merchandise Displayer Job Summary
Do you enjoy working in retail but want an opportunity to show off your creative side? Put your talents to good use by designing attractive, eye-catching displays at our furniture store. You will have the opportunity to design displays on a weekly basis to highlight the hottest products, making potential customers walk into the store for the first time just to buy something. You will be working directly with the manager to design these displays, so you will really be making an impact on overall sales and customer retention. This is an excellent opportunity to work with a compassionate, fun team while gaining customer service experience.
- Develop commercial displays, including window displays designed to encourage people just walking by to enter the store
- Rotate displays once a week to promote new products or attempt to sell products that are overstocked and need to be moved
- Maintain displays daily by cleaning them so that they always look their best, and inspect mannequins frequently to ensure there are no flaws on the bodies
- Assemble displays by hand by taking a piece of furniture out of the box and putting it together yourself, making sure to follow all instructions
- Photograph displays in ways that are acceptable to publish on social media sites and the local newspaper when a column is written about the store
- Attend trade shows with the manager to set up display booth while remembering to bring along some of the store’s most valuable products
- Consult with manager and retail employees to determine where best location for displays would be
- Assist customers with any questions or concerns they might have
Job Skills & Qualifications
- High school diploma or its equivalent
- Creative, outgoing personality
- Familiarity with basic hand tools, such as claw hammers and air brushes
- Knowledge of basic marketing principles
- Good communication skills
- Knowledge of photo imaging software
When you need to hire someone new onto the team, writing a good merchandise displayer job description is only the beginning. You may have perfectly articulated what you need out of a displayer, but you are not going to find the perfect person for the position if you do not post it on as many websites as possible.
It is not wise to just post to one place, because then you are severely narrowing your pool of prospects. You can utilize social media to reach out to potential hires, or post it on your store’s website. You can even encourage current employees to get the word out on their own. However, one of the most effective ways to reach out to the community is to post to free job boards by using MightyRecruiter.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
• Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
• Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
• Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!
Get a professional, candidate-centric job description quickly & easily with MightyRecruiter