Mixing machine setters prepare and operate the machines used in industrial blending applications, such as the mixing of chemicals, color pigments, food products and even explosives. They often create the compound mixtures treated in their machines personally, mixing materials and dyes in correct concentrations according to work orders. Setters are also tasked with monitoring the performance of their machines to ensure they remain compliant with safety regulations.
The mixing machine setter job description template provided here gives you an idea of the skills that the ideal candidate for your position should possess. He or she should have a strong understanding of chemistry, as well as a good eye for detail. A setter should also demonstrate good physical dexterity.
The setter you hire should also possess excellent mechanical skills. Use the mixing machine setter job description template as a guide to see how to best list these job requirements.
Mixing Machine Setter Job Summary
Would you like to have a hand in creating many of the common products and materials used by professional organizations and private citizens every day? Joining our team as a mixing machine setter allows you to do just that. This position works under the guidance and direction of our production floor manager preparing compounds for mixture as part of our manufacturing process. This is the career path that will finally put your chemistry skills to work in the handling and combination of various materials and dyes. You’ll also acquire valuable mechanic skills as you maintain and operate our mixing machinery. This job will also help you build up your analytical abilities as you observe and monitor mixing processes and look for ways to help make our operations more efficient.
- Manage the preparation and mixing of viscous oil compounds and chemical additives in preparation for making engine oil and other automotive fluids and lubricants
- Coordinate with client service representatives to review work orders in order to ensure that all product concentrations meet exact customer specifications
- Collaborate with company chemists and supply inventory managers to secure all the materials needed to create mixtures
- Follow specification guidelines to mix and agitate compounds prior to mass treatment
- Convey all prepared mixtures into blending equipment and complete pre-procedure safety checks in order to avoid adverse chemical reactions during the blending process
- Monitor compound conditions as well as equipment performance during the mixing process, noting features such as material temperatures and viscosity, as well as machine energy expenditures
- Arrange for the transport of completed mixtures to other areas of the production floor for further treatments
- Perform daily visual inspections of all mixing equipment, as well as weekly safety and maintenance checks
- Record all information regarding mixture production and machine performance in weekly progress reports to be shared with management
Job Skills & Qualifications
- Must be 18 years of age with high school diploma (or its equivalent)
- Must be in good physical condition and be able to endure extreme working conditions
- Must demonstrate superb attention to detail
- Prior work experience in an industrial setting
- Strong understanding of chemistry and safe material handling
- Good mechanical and machining skills
Want to use this job description?
Mixing Machine Setter Job Responsibilities
An accurate and easy-to-read mixing machine setter job description saves time for both applicants and recruiting teams. The goal of any well-written job description is to discourage unqualified candidates from applying to the open position. To meet the goal of targeting the right applicants, it is important to add the appropriate obligations and duties to the job responsibilities section.
This section should be the most substantial, so there are some key writing tips to remember as you write it. Instead of using passive language, incorporate active verbs at the beginning of each sentence. Action verbs helps the applicant better understand the realities of the work environment. Use 6-8 bullet points to show the tasks the job requires. The mixing machine setter job description should not include every responsibility in detail. Instead, focus on the most important needs for the role.
For more ideas, check out these examples for different mixing machine setter job responsibilities:
- Turn on and off the mixer during designated times, and monitor the amount of time the mixer stays active
- Add ingredients to an active mixer at a designated time
- Follow any established mixing standards protocols, and work closely with the department to communicate any changes in mixing practices
- Maintain the safety and working order of equipment
- Handle minor repairs to the mixer in accordance to product guidelines
- Dispose and manage any waste materials during and after the mixing cycle
Mixing Machine Setter Job Specifications
The mixing machine setter job description should include a job qualifications and skills section that lists any requirements a worker should have. While this is usually a short list, it is important because it helps job applicants know if they have the appropriate skills to apply for the position.
One way to get more information about these requirements is to speak with the line manager or direct supervisor about the departmental needs. They can give valuable insight about the daily responsibilities of the job. Use this information to craft a mixing machine setter job description that correctly conveys the experience level candidates need to have for success. Make sure to list any technical training, education experience and specializations in this section.
Pull any bullet points from this list to inspire your own mixing machine setter job specifications:
- 3 or more years of experience as a mixing machine technician in a production facility
- Knowledge of safety guidelines for large machinery
- Excellent logical reasoning and arithmetic skills
- Ability to communicate with other food preparation team members about any malfunctions with the mixing machine while in production
- Experience with repairing conveyers, tubes and other large equipment
- Superb organization skills and capacity to accurately record time intervals and temperatures