Mixing machine setters prepare and operate the machines used in industrial blending applications, such as the mixing of chemicals, color pigments, food products and even explosives. They often create the compound mixtures treated in their machines personally, mixing materials and dyes in correct concentrations according to work orders. Setters are also tasked with monitoring the performance of their machines to ensure they remain compliant with safety regulations.
The mixing machine setter job description template provided here gives you an idea of the skills that the ideal candidate for your position should possess. He or she should have a strong understanding of chemistry, as well as a good eye for detail. A setter should also demonstrate good physical dexterity.
The setter you hire should also possess excellent mechanical skills. Use the mixing machine setter job description template as a guide to see how to best list these job requirements.
Mixing Machine Setter Job Summary
Would you like to have a hand in creating many of the common products and materials used by professional organizations and private citizens every day? Joining our team as a mixing machine setter allows you to do just that. This position works under the guidance and direction of our production floor manager preparing compounds for mixture as part of our manufacturing process. This is the career path that will finally put your chemistry skills to work in the handling and combination of various materials and dyes. You’ll also acquire valuable mechanic skills as you maintain and operate our mixing machinery. This job will also help you build up your analytical abilities as you observe and monitor mixing processes and look for ways to help make our operations more efficient.
- Manage the preparation and mixing of viscous oil compounds and chemical additives in preparation for making engine oil and other automotive fluids and lubricants
- Coordinate with client service representatives to review work orders in order to ensure that all product concentrations meet exact customer specifications
- Collaborate with company chemists and supply inventory managers to secure all the materials needed to create mixtures
- Follow specification guidelines to mix and agitate compounds prior to mass treatment
- Convey all prepared mixtures into blending equipment and complete pre-procedure safety checks in order to avoid adverse chemical reactions during the blending process
- Monitor compound conditions as well as equipment performance during the mixing process, noting features such as material temperatures and viscosity, as well as machine energy expenditures
- Arrange for the transport of completed mixtures to other areas of the production floor for further treatments
- Perform daily visual inspections of all mixing equipment, as well as weekly safety and maintenance checks
- Record all information regarding mixture production and machine performance in weekly progress reports to be shared with management
Job Skills & Qualifications
- Must be 18 years of age with high school diploma (or its equivalent)
- Must be in good physical condition and be able to endure extreme working conditions
- Must demonstrate superb attention to detail
- Prior work experience in an industrial setting
- Strong understanding of chemistry and safe material handling
- Good mechanical and machining skills
The mixing machine setter job description referenced here will get you well on your way to creating the perfect listing for your position. Your next challenge then becomes finding effective methods to proliferate your posting out to potential applicants. Targeting applicants at local technical schools or job fairs may be a good place to start, as you’ll likely find plenty of people at these places who are actively seeking employment. Online job boards offer an even more efficient to way to get job listings in front of candidates.
Taking advantage of the exposure offered through online job searching resources can expand your applicant pool exponentially. Yet getting your listing up on all of these different sites on your own may be difficult. Trust instead in the ability of MightyRecruiter to get you access to a wide array of resources offering free job postings.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
• Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
• Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
• Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!
Get a professional, candidate-centric job description quickly & easily with MightyRecruiter