Factories are at a standstill without multiple machine tool setters. These workers are critical to manufacturers’ operations because they are the ones who set up and operate the machines or robots that cut, form and shape the metal and plastic pieces that become the final product.
Your multiple machine tool setter job description should mention your on-the-job training program, as this is how candidates get their start in this dynamic field. A high school diploma is required, and candidates who have completed computer programming and/or vocational technology studies are stronger than those who have not.
Your ideal candidates will be mathematically inclined, as they must read blueprints. Look for those who understand algebra, geometry and trigonometry. Physical stamina and strength is also crucial to this job, and our multiple machine tool setter job description below can help you articulate all job requirements quickly and easily.
Multiple Machine Tool Setter Job Summary
Without you, our assembly line is at a standstill. We are looking for multiple machine tool setters to breathe life into the machines and robots that cut and assemble the metals and plastics used to manufacture our products. You will be at the heart of our factory operations and part of a dynamic team of workers who take pride in their final products. Yes, you must have a high school diploma and be good at math, but we will provide your on-the-job training. Enjoy the challenge of reading machine blueprints and setting up and operating the latest tools in manufacturing technology. The machines and robots you build will thank you for helping them come to life.
- Set up auxiliary machines, borers, cutters, drills, grinders, lathes, millers, presses and shears for their daily work in the production line
- Install and align cutters, dies, drills, guides and holding devices accurately using hand tools, measuring instruments and templates
- Set machines’ cutting angles, depths, speed and feed rates according to production plans
- Start up machines to engage their operating mechanisms, including cooling, feeding and lubricating components
- Cut or form the material according to plans and then inspect a cut or form for accuracy using measuring instruments such as rules and templates prior to each day’s full production
- Check machine for operating malfunctions or final product defects while cutting or forming throughout the day to ensure it continues to cut or form material per specifications; make any necessary repairs or adjustments
- Maintain machines daily, including cleaning and/or oiling all working parts and ensuring there is plenty of coolant in the appropriate reservoirs
- Remove jammed materials from machine using proper safety protocols and equipment, such as lift bars and wires hooks, when needed; notify supervisor of repetitive jam issues and when machine requires servicing over and above your maintenance responsibilities
Job Skills and Qualifications
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Willingness to participate in on-the-job training
- Basic understanding of algebra, geometry and trigonometry
- Ability to stand for extended periods
- Ability to bend, twist and endure repetitive motion
- Some computer programming studies
- Some vocational training
- Experience with machine setting tools
Writing a dynamic multiple machine tool setter job description is the first step in encouraging the right people to apply for your job opening. Getting it out there for the best setters to see is your next step. Make certain to draw candidates to your posting by engaging with them on social media platforms, including joining groups for multiple machine tool setters.
Join the conversation in machining forums as well. You’ll be surprised how many qualified candidates are talking about beginning their careers in this field. Naturally, you’ll want to post your job description on as many job boards as possible, and if you leverage the power of the MightyRecruiter free job postings tools, you’ll expand your outreach exponentially.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
• Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
• Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
• Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!
Get a professional, candidate-centric job description quickly & easily with MightyRecruiter