.NET developers are tasked with developing quality software programs using .NET and its languages, stacks and environment. They must take charge of the entire process, from understanding the customer’s plans and desires to creation and implementation. This involves identifying what users need, security concerns, performance, designing the program and writing and testing the code.
Your .NET developer job description should include information about the skills and qualities that matter most to you. This could include strong analytical skills, creativity and a fine-pointed attention to detail.
Because they must often work in teams, your best candidates should also have great interpersonal skills and be able to problem-solve together. Reference our .NET developer job description template found below to get a better idea of what you could include in your own job description.
.NET Developer Job Summary
Are you interested in developing cutting-edge software? Are you entrepreneurial and passionate about your work? We are looking for a self-motivated .NET developer to help grow our business and brand by building software that pushes technology to new heights. You will have the chance to push your development skills to the limit, expand your abilities and work on multiple projects as part of one of the best development teams in the state. This position is contract-to-hire, so you have the chance to permanently join our team with competitive salary and benefits if you show you are a dedicated and valuable member of the team.
- Build and maintain new software systems using mathematical models and scientific analysis to predict outcomes and measure design consequences
- Build high-quality scalable and predictable web applications on the Microsoft technology stack and maintain internal and external facing web applications using C#
- Create and direct software system testing procedures, documentation and programming to ensure all software is properly developed and regularly tested for quality assurance
- Confer with other experts, including systems analysts, programmers and engineers to gather information on project feasibility, limitations, capabilities, requirements and interfaces
- Make regular modifications to existing software for error correction, adaptation to new hardware and to improve overall function and performance
- Evaluate new code for reliable architecture, stability, reusability, performance, automation, security and metrics
- Collaborate with specialized teams from across the organization to develop and design solutions for technical business problems that increase staff productivity and help them achieve their financial goals
- Supervise other team members, including programmers, engineers and technicians, to ensure quality work, reliability, overall performance and adherence to company standards
Job Skills & Qualifications
- Five years of development using C# .NET
- Extensive experience using MS SQL Server
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science
- Three years of LINQ, AJAX and Silverlight
- Visual Studio 2015
.NET Developer Job Responsibilities
The job responsibilities section of the .NET Developer job description is critical in helping jobseekers understand what you expect from them if hired. This is a vital area of the resume because it describes the position’s responsibilities; the focus should be on listing the most significant duties. It is better to keep to a list of 6-8 responsibilities, rather than providing a full list of every single task, which may appear intimidating to readers. If it’s necessary to add more duties beyond this initial list, create a secondary list of responsibilities that follows.
To repeat some tips from this page, use bullet points in the job responsibilities section of the .NET Developer job description. Anywhere from 6-8 points work best, starting each with an action verb. Blocks of text are harder to read and can become lengthy and dense. Jobseekers get a better understanding of what the role entails and what level of expertise and performance the position demands.
Some sample .NET Developer job responsibilities are:
.NET Developer Job Specifications
The job qualifications section of the .NET Developer job description may appear easy to write because you are listing only the minimum requirements. Note that this section is crucial in helping jobseekers choose whether to apply for the job. It’s important to review the .NET Developer job specifications with hiring managers and leadership to decide which specifications to list as required. The information provided helps remove inappropriate candidates from consideration, once they’ve reviewed education requirements and the skills sets listed. The specifications in the .NET Developer job description need to be accurate and realistic so potential candidates can see if they qualify. This also helps give hiring managers the same understanding and reduces possible confusion over position expectations. With fewer applications to weed out, this gives you more time to focus on qualified applicants.
Here are some samples of job specifications for your job listing to invite potential applicants for the position: