.NET developers are tasked with developing quality software programs using .NET and its languages, stacks and environment. They must take charge of the entire process, from understanding the customer’s plans and desires to creation and implementation. This involves identifying what users need, security concerns, performance, designing the program and writing and testing the code.
Your .NET developer job description should include information about the skills and qualities that matter most to you. This could include strong analytical skills, creativity and a fine-pointed attention to detail.
Because they must often work in teams, your best candidates should also have great interpersonal skills and be able to problem-solve together. Reference our .NET developer job description template found below to get a better idea of what you could include in your own job description.
.NET Developer Job Summary
Are you interested in developing cutting-edge software? Are you entrepreneurial and passionate about your work? We are looking for a self-motivated .NET developer to help grow our business and brand by building software that pushes technology to new heights. You will have the chance to push your development skills to the limit, expand your abilities and work on multiple projects as part of one of the best development teams in the state. This position is contract-to-hire, so you have the chance to permanently join our team with competitive salary and benefits if you show you are a dedicated and valuable member of the team.
- Build and maintain new software systems using mathematical models and scientific analysis to predict outcomes and measure design consequences
- Build high-quality scalable and predictable web applications on the Microsoft technology stack and maintain internal and external facing web applications using C#
- Create and direct software system testing procedures, documentation and programming to ensure all software is properly developed and regularly tested for quality assurance
- Confer with other experts, including systems analysts, programmers and engineers to gather information on project feasibility, limitations, capabilities, requirements and interfaces
- Make regular modifications to existing software for error correction, adaptation to new hardware and to improve overall function and performance
- Evaluate new code for reliable architecture, stability, reusability, performance, automation, security and metrics
- Collaborate with specialized teams from across the organization to develop and design solutions for technical business problems that increase staff productivity and help them achieve their financial goals
- Supervise other team members, including programmers, engineers and technicians, to ensure quality work, reliability, overall performance and adherence to company standards
Job Skills & Qualifications
- Five years of development using C# .NET
- Extensive experience using MS SQL Server
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science
- Three years of LINQ, AJAX and Silverlight
- Visual Studio 2015
While writing a stellar .NET developer job description is one of the best things you can do to find the greatest talent, it is still just one part of the process. Even the Mona Lisa of job descriptions will not attract the right candidates if top job-seekers are not aware of its existence.
With the internet, there is no shortage of places hiring managers can post their jobs. This includes job boards, social networks, company websites and newspapers. While you can be successful with many of these posting locations, job boards are unanimously considered a favorite – and most effective – option. However, posting to these sites can be time-consuming. To bypass this issue, post jobs for free to hundreds of boards at once using MightyRecruiter.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
• Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
• Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
• Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!
Get a professional, candidate-centric job description quickly & easily with MightyRecruiter