As higher-level administrative professionals, office administrators perform a wide variety of tasks in their daily work. This usually includes standard clerical duties such as answering incoming inquiries, managing appointment calendars and filing. In addition, an office administrator may need to purchase supplies, process incoming and outgoing mail, compose and send correspondence, oversee the maintenance and operation of office equipment, conduct sales transactions and work with premises security to ensure the safety of employees and clients.
In the skills segment of your office administrator job description, don’t forget to mention traits vital to an ideal candidate’s success. Proficient administrators excel at interpersonal communication as well as proficiency with computers and office equipment.
Office professionals should also be able to successfully multitask while demonstrating patience along with strong organization and time management skills. To get you started, we’ve provided an office administrator job description template with further guidance on content and formatting.
Office Administrator Job Summary
Are you a self-starter who enjoys working with people, managing day-to-day operations, collaborating with a team of professionals and earning the trust of your colleagues? If this sounds like you, then you might be an excellent match for our office administrator position! If selected, you’ll manage a busy rental office at a suburban apartment complex with over 3,000 residents. While working together with our rental management team, you’ll be the friendly face in the front office as you interact with our residents and become a valued part of our leasing community. Enjoy a competitive salary and benefits package as part of this position in addition to advancement opportunities within a large management company handling over 20 properties in the local metropolitan area.
- Respond to telephone, email, walk-in and website contact form inquiries from existing community members, prospective residents, management, vendors and other constituents
- Create and process new leases as well as lease renewals and additions, such as washer and dryer rentals, parking garage rentals and pet addendums
- Handle minor financial transactions for the office, such as collecting rental payments and deposits, issuing receipts and purchasing needed supplies
- Maintain resident and other office files while practicing company-wide file retention policies
- Collaborate with on-site maintenance team and external contractors to ensure that the property and individual units are repaired and maintained to meet company standards and local laws
- Collect, process and distribute incoming mail as well as compose and send correspondence for other office staff
- Handle resident complaints, maintenance requests and other concerns according to property-specific and company procedures
- Assist management and other staff to ensure compliance with applicable federal, state and local laws
Job Skills & Qualifications
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent
- Two years of prior experience in a rental office or property management environment
- Ability to use a desktop computer and office suite software packages
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Availability to work weekends
- Bilingual in English and Spanish
Now that you’ve written an attractive office administrator job description, you need to find places to post it. Thankfully, you have a vast range of platforms and channels that will allow your new job posting to be seen by talented, skilled candidates. Don’t overlook your own organization’s website as well as harnessing your social media networks and sharing your description with eager job seekers. Finally, your employees can aid your cause a great deal if you encourage them to share your posting within their own professional and social circles.
Besides these suggestions, you have other low-cost and convenient methods at your disposal to attract potential talent. Job boards are excellent places for your new posting to be seen. MightyRecruiter helps you accomplish the task of gaining a wider reach with the ability to post jobs for free simultaneously on many different sites.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
• Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
• Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
• Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!
Get a professional, candidate-centric job description quickly & easily with MightyRecruiter