The role of helping support the many functions of a working office falls to office machine operators. They control and operate equipment such as photocopiers, fax machines, image scanners and paper shredders. On top of overseeing the use of these machines, they are also typically tasked with the maintenance and upkeep.
In reviewing the office machine operator job description template provided here, you’ll see that an emphasis is placed on technical know-how. Your ideal candidate should understand the equipment that he or she works with inside and out, knowing what sort of auxiliary supplies are needed to maintain consistent output and how to troubleshoot issues should they arise.
Punctuality, promptness and good customer service skills are also attributes applicants should demonstrate. The office machine operator job description template will show you how to best compose your listing in order to emphasize the importance of the aforementioned characteristics.
Office Machine Operator Job Summary
Regional supply chain management office looking for experienced office machine operator to help support daily workflow. If you thrive in a team atmosphere and take pride in the work you do, we have the ideal position for you. This role serves as the backbone of our office, providing the necessary support services to ensure that our staff has consistent access to all of the scanning, storing and copying resources it needs. Not only will this position give you valuable experience in office operations, but it will also allow you to advance your technical skills as you learn how to effectively maintain and manage various office equipment. You’ll also have the chance to develop networking relationships with our office manager, on-site staff, personnel from our satellite offices and third-party supply vendors.
- Manage the operations of all of office equipment and machines (with the exception of computer hardware)
- Receive work orders from office manager, staff and outside parties for copies, scanned images or specially formatted documents, and execute those requests in a timely manner
- Review outgoing communications sent through office machines to ensure internal network security and verify the receipt of information by intended parties
- Direct incoming communications (i.e., faxes, PDF files) to the appropriate departments and employees
- Work with office machine and equipment providers to schedule routine service appointments with their technicians in order to ensure continuous optimal operations
- Troubleshoot any issues that arise with office equipment using both personal experience as well as operational manuals to identify their root causes, and correct problems when possible
- Work with office administrative personnel and external supply vendors to develop a supply ordering schedule to help maintain a reliable inventory of components and parts for each machine
- Instruct employees on the use of office machines in order for them to be able to effectively use equipment to complete individual projects
Job Skills and Qualifications
- Must be 18 years or older
- High school diploma or equivalent certification
- Basic mechanical knowledge
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- One year of previous experience working in an office environment
- Familiarity with the design and setup of office equipment
- Critical thinking skills
- Able to multitask and perform well in potentially stressful situations
While the office machine operator job description given here offers you the guidance needed to create an effective listing, it alone may not be enough to guarantee that you make the right hire. Earning the maximum amount of exposure for your job positing can help do that. Research the options available to you. Career fairs are often excellent places to find interested parties looking to get their foot in the door with new companies. Placing your listing on job boards at local colleges, universities and technical schools may also net applicants hoping to gain work experience.
Online job boards can put your posting in front of job seekers both inside and outside of your local community. With the assistance of services such as MightyRecruiter, you can gain access to hundreds of such sites, all offering free job listings.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
• Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
• Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
• Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!
Get a professional, candidate-centric job description quickly & easily with MightyRecruiter