Operations research analysts are responsible for applying analytical and mathematical methods to assist businesses and organizations in making better, more informed decisions and solving problems. They have numerous duties, including data and information collection, problem identification, solution development, statistical analysis and practical solution implementation.
On your operations research analyst job description, you will want to include a skills section that clearly highlights the qualities you want your candidates to have. For example, they should have the ability to formulate mathematical models of problem areas and apply personal judgments to the outcomes of mathematical tests.
Operations research analysts should also have great writing and communication skills so they can share their advice and findings to others working in the organization, and provide support to various systems within the company. Below, you will find an operations research analyst job description template to help you get started with your writing.
Operations Research Analyst Job Summary
Our company is seeking a skilled and enthusiastic operations research analyst to join the team. In this role, you will have the opportunity to put your analytical abilities to use and help us solve complex problems. If you excel at research and statistics and have an aptitude for sophisticated technology, you will be an exceptional fit. You will work with a team of talented analysts to identify issues, formulate simulation models and advise decision makers about the impacts of courses of action. If you seek a challenging and rewarding career with a company committed to delivering high-quality, innovative solutions, this will be an excellent position for you.
- Create mathematical models of problems to show conflicting objectives, alternatives, restrictions, variables and constants
- Prepare management reports that clearly and completely define and analyze issues, and recommended solutions to help management make informed decisions
- Collaborate with management to define and clarify business objectives to better understand problems and create appropriate solutions
- Observe current operational systems and gather data about issues so the information can be analyzed
- Develop business procedures such as production schedules, office systems and logistics systems that align with business goals and objectives
- Determine all alternative courses of action to specific issues and analyze the pros and cons of each possible solution so that the best decision can be reached
- Design and develop statistical, mathematical, econometric and various other scientific techniques for system assessment
- Produce and implement cost and time networks designed to control, plan and review projects to ensure smooth running and the timely completion of projects
Job Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in mathematics, statistics, engineering or a related field
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Experience or coursework in SQL and Microsoft Excel
- Data analysis experience
- Background in statistics and probability
- Experience with modeling and simulation
Creating an outstanding operations research analyst job description is only the first part of the process of finding the best employees. Once you have completed this step, you will need to identify the ideal places to put it so that it will be seen by potential candidates. During the job search, applicants may investigate a wide variety of resources. To ensure that your description is accessible and easy to find, make use of your company website, as well as your organization’s social networks.
Job boards are one of the best locations to place descriptions if you want to find talented employees, although going to multiple sites may seem like an inefficient process. With the help of MightyRecruiter, you can post jobs for free to hundreds of job boards online at once.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
• Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
• Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
• Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!
Get a professional, candidate-centric job description quickly & easily with MightyRecruiter