Operations supervisors play the important role of facilitating day-to-day activities to keep organizational processes flowing smoothly and effectively. Responsibilities include supervising staff members, processing client orders and requests, overseeing logistics and order delivery, organizing meetings and quarterly reports and general administrative duties, such as office management and planning employee trainings.
As you consider the types of skills and abilities to include in your operations supervisor job description, order them in terms of how critical they are to get the job done. Highlight competencies like communication, leadership and creative problem solving. Other helpful skills include management experience, attention to detail and time management.
All applicants should also be able to manage a variety of different tasks and be a good team player. This operations supervisor job description template is a demonstration of how you might organize and articulate this type of information.
Operations Supervisor Job Summary
As an operations supervisor, you will be a valued member of our team in managing a variety of daily tasks to ensure our customers get exactly what they need. You get the unique responsibility of working with our sales team to verify delivery needs, create orders, establish price points and make delivery timelines based off of logistics requirements and availability. In some cases, you will get the opportunity to manage customer accounts and provide consulting assistance to optimize their experience. There are countless chances to use and develop lifelong skills, including problem resolution, communication, leadership, time management and organization. If you are a committed team player and enjoy managing multiple responsibilities to achieve superior results, this job is awaiting your contribution.
- Analyze and consult logistics software to determine and verify delivery schedules and maximize the amount of product that gets to each customer along the route
- Collaborate with sales professionals to understand customer needs and specific requirements, customize delivery needs and provide sales people with tools like pricing sheets and product information and specs
- Communicate with customers to get feedback that can be used in improving processes and customer service; assist in solving problems and providing consulting assistance to create brand loyalty and lasting relationships
- Discuss distribution patterns, policies and product availability with distributors to identify agreements and create contracts; negotiate with distributors to find the ones that offer competitive pricing and high quality product or material
- Prepare reports that include sales data, financial activity, performance outcomes, goal achievement and overall productivity to present to executive management
- Consult with other departmental managers to determine sales, discounts or promotions and verify that all sales people are familiar with the details of what is being offered
- Participate in training and evaluating members of the sales team and providing helpful feedback concerning the achievement of personal and team goals
- Oversee general administrative work including planning meetings, making phone calls and distributing scheduling and job assignments
Job Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in business management or related field
- Five or more years of management experience
- The ability to communicate, lead a team and solve problems
- Familiarity with various types of logistics software
- Confidence in presenting reports and training materials
An engaging and informative operations supervisor job description is just the first step in the recruiting process. Next, utilizing professional communication channels, your job is to get the information into the hands of qualified applicants who have all of the skills you are seeking in a candidate. Depending on your needs and how quickly you want to fill the job, you have several options, including social media advertisement, posting directly to your website, participating in a local job fair and even using referral programs.
Because the primary goal is to share the job opening with as many capable persons as possible, posting to online job boards is another valuable tool. Viewers can search for the exact job they are seeking in a matter of minutes with the help of specific filters. MightyRecruiter is an excellent place to get started and post jobs for free.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
• Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
• Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
• Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!
Get a professional, candidate-centric job description quickly & easily with MightyRecruiter