Packaging and filling machine operators are responsible for running the machines that prepare products. In addition to filling containers, these machines typically seal them and weigh them, and may prepare them in other ways as well.
The most important ability for a packaging machine operator is mechanical skills. Many professionals who pursue this industry may be just starting out in the mechanical engineering field. Your packaging and filling machine operator job description should outline the mechanical knowledge and dexterity requirements that candidates must have.
Additionally, it is important that machine operators exhibit physical strength and stamina. Operating the machines may be taxing, and the task must be completed for many hours. This is especially important because injuries or accidents may occur if the operators get distracted or fatigued. When you are writing your own job description, use the following packaging and filling machine operator job description template to strengthen it.
Packaging and Filling Machine Operator Job Summary
We are seeking a dedicated and professional packaging and filling machine operator who brings a high level of responsibility and dedication to the position. You must be vigilant and perceptive while operating the machinery to avoid accidents. We are also looking for a candidate who is efficient and quick, meeting daily quotas and being able to operate the machinery for several hours at a time. In addition to operating the machinery, you will complete administrative work at the end of your shift, weigh products you package and perform simple maintenance on the machines. Enter the fast-paced and dynamic manufacturing environment of our company.
- Operate packaging machinery of several types at varying stages of the production line, performing actions quickly and safely at all times
- Sort and weigh products after packaging to ensure requirements are met and no mistakes have been made
- Apply labels and transfer products to the final shipping area, keeping them organized to aid in shipping crew’s job
- Perceive the production line ahead of you to anticipate errors and make adjustments as needed to prevent slowing down more than necessary
- Perform simple hourly maintenance on your machine to ensure it is completely functional and safe to operate
- Complete paperwork and other minor administrative tasks at the beginning and end of your shift, carefully ensuring all information is entered correctly and clearly
- Support other machine operators to ensure no workers become fatigued or distracted during daily operation
- Report malfunctions or errors to supervising staff immediately and relay important information about the issue
Job Skills & Qualifications
- High school diploma or equivalent GED completion
- OSHA Lockout / Tagout Compliance Training completion
- Two year of manufacturing or machine operation experience
- Associate’s degree in engineering or related field
Writing and polishing your packaging and filling machine operator job description is only the first step of successfully hiring. Your job description will not do you any good unless the right people see it. This is especially important when you realize how many employers are all competing for the most talented professionals. Most companies will choose to post their opening on their website or through social media. Set yourself apart by posting to hundreds of online job boards at once.
When it comes to getting word of your job opening out there, MightyRecruiter has the tools necessary to reach the biggest audience possible. Learn more about how MightyRecruiter is prepared to aid you in finding the right packaging and filling machine operator. Our free posting tools allow you to advertise on all the major job boards simultaneously.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
• Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
• Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
• Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!
Get a professional, candidate-centric job description quickly & easily with MightyRecruiter