Paper goods machine setters operate and tend a variety of machines that handle paper goods. The processes involved can include cutting, sealing, stitching, wrapping, sawing and corrugating. Ongoing adjustments to the machinery may be needed to meet work order requirements.
As you craft your paper goods machine setter job description, you want to emphasize qualities like manual dexterity, precision, reasoning and problem solving. Some of the main responsibilities in this role are feeding and loading materials into the machines, setting guides and spacers, mounting attachments, setting precise controls and watching machine operation.
Paper goods machine setters also perform maintenance, including disassembling parts of the machine to replace components. They are also responsible for filling paraffin and glue reservoirs and ensuring that waste materials are moved to an appropriate location. To learn more about what goes into a solid paper goods machine setter job description, consult the example below.
Paper Goods Machine Setter Job Summary
As a paper goods machine setter at our midtown factory, you will be working as part of a large team to produce paper goods for businesses across the nation. Besides setting up and running the machines, you will be the one to decide which materials best suit the project at hand, based on the work order you are fulfilling. You will gain experience managing the equipment, topping up glue and paraffin in addition to making sure your paper and paperboard supplies are at hand when needed. This is the perfect role for those who are detail oriented, like a challenge and take pride in their work.
- Start, control, tend and adjust machines to ensure proper operation, including attaching and adjusting guides and folding mechanisms
- Cut materials to size before feeding into machines, and fill glue and paraffin reservoirs at the beginning of each run and as needed thereafter
- Manage tension, speed and temperature controls to ensure smooth mechanical operations and quality and consistency of product, including proper forming, appropriate pasteboard thickness and optimal glue flow rate
- Ensure that all finished products conform to technical specifications as found in work order
- Adjust machinery as necessary after examining finished products, to reset for another run or to correct errors in processing
- Troubleshoot errors and mechanical failures and perform basic maintenance and repairs to keep machines in good working order at all times
- Disassemble and reassemble machinery as needed for maintenance, repairs and other tasks
- Remove products from machines at end of run and ensure their arrival at the next station
Job Skills & Qualifications
When you are searching for the ideal job candidate, writing your paper goods machine setter job description is only the first step. The next step, a crucially important one, is to make sure that the right people find your ad and have the information they need to apply. You can start with any in-house job boards you have, as well as the employment page of your company website.
Internet job boards and online classifieds are great places to post to get more exposure for your ad, but locating all of these outlets and adding your information to each one can be very time consuming. To make things easier on yourself, you can use MightyRecruiter to post jobs for free to hundreds of job boards at the same time.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
• Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
• Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
• Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!
Get a professional, candidate-centric job description quickly & easily with MightyRecruiter