A parking lot attendant is someone who manages a parking facility. Attendants monitor conditions in the facility to deter criminal activity. They issue tickets and collect payments for parking fees. Some attendants may also provide valet parking services.
As you create your parking lot attendant job description, you will want to include that a person should have customer service skills, along with being proficient with computers. They need to have a clean driving record and criminal history, too. The ability to maneuver and park vehicles of all sizes is also important.
An attendant needs to be reliable and trustworthy, along with being alert and aware. It is an important part of the job to ensure the safety of all vehicles under a facility’s care. Consult the following parking lot attendant job description template to get more insight into what a good job description should look like.
Parking Lot Attendant Job Summary
Are you looking for a career that allows you to interact with the public while serving as vital support for a thriving company? You may be the ideal candidate for our open parking lot attendant position. You should have excellent driving skills with the ability to operate a range of vehicles. You will be responsible for overseeing a large multi-tiered parking garage in the downtown area. You should be friendly and have outstanding customer service skills. You will work with other attendants to provide a secure and safe facility for guests under the direction of the facility manager. Bonuses and tips are a regular part of the job, allowing you to be rewarded for your superior service standards.
- Issue tickets to individuals entering the parking facility and collecting parking fees from those leaving the facility
- Greet and assist guests by opening doors, directing them to the nearest open parking spots and helping them to exit vehicles and the parking facility when needed
- Park and return vehicles for guests during valet service hours while respecting guest property and safely driving the vehicles
- Provide customer service and information upon request, including answering general questions about the parking fees and facility, giving directions and supplying maps of the area
- Observe security monitors to ensure no criminal activity occurs and report any activity to the proper authorities as needed
- Maintain a clean environment by sweeping up parking areas and picking up any refuse left in the facility
- Perform maintenance to barrier systems if needed or report issues to the proper maintenance staff
- Balance cash records at end of shift and manage parking records during shift
Job Skills & Qualifications
- High school diploma
- Valid driver’s license with clean driving record
- Skills in driving vehicles with manual and automatic transmissions
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Ability to pass a criminal background check
- Previous parking lot service experience
- Work flexible hours, including weekends, evenings and holidays
Having a well-written, clear and professional parking lot attendant job description is essential to finding the right candidate for the job. However, you also need to be able to attract the attention of the best potential employees by posting your job description in the right places. You should post on your social media accounts and website, but you also need to post on job boards.
Job boards are one of the best place to find people who are actively looking for work, but posting on each board individually is a long process. To avoid wasting time and get your job ad out there as quickly as possible, use MightyRecruiter to post jobs for free across hundreds of boards at one time.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
• Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
• Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
• Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!
Get a professional, candidate-centric job description quickly & easily with MightyRecruiter