In order for your company to move forward, you’re going to need to fill open positions with qualified and passionate people. In order to do that, you’ll need to craft an appealing job description. Working as a recruiter or a hiring manager, you know that at any point in time, there are several positions on your desk or computer that need filling. In order to be able to effectively do your job, you don’t want to be wasting your time going through dozens or hundreds of applications from unqualified people before feeling like you have to settle for someone who just fits the basic criteria. By posting a job description that is written for the kind of people you want to see apply, you save yourself an enormous amount of time on the selection process. Below, you’ll find an example of a great Legal Administrative Assistant – Partner sample job description.
Legal Administrative Assistant – Partner Job Summary
As a Legal Administrative Assistant – Partner at our company, your main task is to serve our clients by developing and tracking their cases, and by providing support in both a secretarial and administrative capacity with the partner’s supervision.
Legal Administrative Assistant – Partner Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Assists company clients by filing medical payment coverage claims and keeping these individuals informed about the progress of their cases
- Interviews potential clients for incident information, then uses information to consult with partner in order to develop cases
- Bolsters the effectiveness of the partner by tracking progress of cases, informing partner of problems that arise, keeping in touch with adjusters, providers and opposing attorneys, adding pertinent information to review for team case, performing secretarial duties and finishing special projects
- Compiles case documentation and evidence by creating personal injury files for clients using medical record information, statements from witnesses and clients, documents for lost wages and statements of charges
- Makes files for physical copies of documentation and evidence, contacts medical providers, collection agencies and insurance companies, and records incoming mail
- Prepares settlement brochures and other documentation and verifies outstanding balances in order to bring each case to a close
- Reads professional publications and takes part in workshops, professional societies and other educational options in order to keep job knowledge current
Legal Administrative Assistant – Partner Qualifications and Skills
- Knowledge of fundamental skills of legal administration, including associated writing tasks requiring familiarity with word processing software
- Ability to maintain and grow relationships with clients to maximize amount of relevant case information obtained
- Telephone use and etiquette
- Ability to gather case facts as well as information from client and witness interviews to conduct insightful and helpful research
- Information analysis
- Effective communicator and contributor toward case progress
- Sense of integrity in the workplace
- Ability to maintain client confidentiality
In 2009, the law offices of Murdock and Nelson were established in Hell’s Kitchen, New York. Since then, we have become the premiere defense firm in the area, leading our clients to the legal results they deserve. Our purpose is to continue to be on the winning side of legal disputes wrongfully implicating our clients. Our mission is to ensure that justice is served in every case in which we are involved.
Writing a Job Description Best Practices
- While you should have no problem writing a job description of your own now that you have this Legal Administrative Assistant – Partner sample job description at your disposal, you are eventually going to have to write these without such specific guidelines to assist you. To that end, there are a few basic principles that you should keep in mind so that no matter what position you are trying to fill, you can be confident in your final document.
- Do write the job description using realistic context. Get in touch with someone at your company who performs similar tasks to those required in the opening so that you can be sure that you get the requirements correct.
- Don’t use large blocks of text. Jobseekers want to be able to open up a job description page on their computers and be able to parse out the important information. Using texts blocks is a surefire way to drive away talented people looking for a company that values clarity and organization. Use bullet points instead.
- Do express enthusiasm about working with great new people. While your writing should always be professional, you want to use language that attracts the kind of people you want to hire.
Want to use this job description?
Partner Legal Administrative Assistant Job Responsibilities
HR managers know every hire affects an organization’s health. That’s why it’s important your partner legal administrative assistant job description is clearly-written, meaty and organized. One study shows jobseekers spend less than a minute skimming a post, and it’s likely they’re doing the same with numerous other openings. Doing your part to illuminate the job’s key aspects helps potential applicants quickly decide if they should apply.
Most modern recruiters recognize bulleted lists as non-negotiable components of partner legal administrative assistant job responsibilities. Try to avoid duplicating overly similar duties; rather, consider combining such into single line items. Functions don’t typically include a subject, so there’s no need to punctuate them with periods.
Remember that your goal is to attract quality candidates. Most people are familiar with the demands of legal work, so don’t focus on the difficulty of the position. Instead, use the partner legal administrative assistant job description to remind them of how their work helps attorneys stay productive.
Here are a few examples of functions you can include in your job description:
Partner Legal Administrative Assistant Job Specifications
Most hiring managers have a good handle on ways candidates qualify for an opening. For some, the challenge lies in separating desirable attributes from essential competencies. The more you’re able to narrow down your list of partner legal administrative assistant job specifications, the more reasonable your company culture will appear to jobseekers.
Today’s students and professionals often maintain lists of companies where they’d like to eventually work. This means that people who aren’t actively seeking employment may still read through your partner legal administrative assistant job description. Therefore, while your main target audience is current jobseekers, don’t forget about the additional talent you may need in just a few months.
When you’re not sure what requirements to include in your partner legal administrative assistant job description, try going back to the basics. Break down the job title to explain to candidates what they need for success in the role. Fight the urge to demand experience at a law firm if it isn’t necessary. Jobseekers who previously worked with compliance or contracts in a corporate role may be just as valuable to your practice.
The following are a few relevant specifications you can consider including in your job ad:
Associate’s degree or equivalent experience Familiar with legal terminology Strong written and verbal communication skills Organized and adept at prioritizing tasks Patient and friendly even when conflicts arise