Parts salespeople are primarily responsible for facilitating customer needs and requests in a way that is informative, productive and efficient. Utilizing their knowledge of the parts they sell, they can greet customers, help them locate the parts they need and educate them about part function. Other responsibilities may include accepting payment, stocking inventory and notifying customers of current promotions.
When articulating the skills section of your parts salesperson job description, highlight customer service as a critical skill. Salespeople work regularly with customers to answer questions and provide product information, which means interpersonal skills are also important. A successful salesperson is friendly, persistent and shows a genuine interest in a customer’s needs.
Being able to sell is imperative for recommending complementary products and upselling a purchase. Finally, math skills are valuable for calculating totals. Consult the parts salesperson job description below for a better idea of how to organize this information.
Parts Salesperson Job Summary
Are you someone who enjoys helping other people and educating them on how things work? If you are friendly, outgoing and quick to learn about new parts and their functions, this could be the perfect job for you. As a parts salesperson, you will work as a member of our sales team to facilitate customer requests and provide them with information about our latest promotions. You will have the opportunity to learn about inventory management, better your math skills and develop organizational prowess through maintaining an orderly store. With persistence and a commitment to integrity, you have the ability to grow with the company and attain superior sales success.
- Greet customers and assist them in finding the parts they are looking for, including answering questions, educating on product usage and providing advice for maintenance and installation
- Assist with inventory management and verify that all parts are correctly stocked and displayed for optimal visibility and accessibility
- Intervene in situations where a customer is dissatisfied, and come up with creative solutions to maintain business when dealing with backorders, damaged parts or stock-outs
- Organize merchandise and participate in modifying displays to reflect current inventory, sales and promotions
- Calculate sales totals, taking into account such factors as discounts, store credit, promotions and flash sales
- Label different parts based on their function and price using predetermined methods for organization and documentation
- Inspect returned parts to find defects and promptly assist the customer with a replacement part or a full refund
- Participate in accepting shipments of parts, sending orders to customers and documenting all inventory that enters and exits the facility
Job Skills & Qualifications
- High school diploma or equivalent degree
- Able to quickly learn about a variety of parts
- Personable, friendly and willing to listen
- Three to five years of experience in customer service
- Familiarity with stocking and organizing inventory
Writing a captivating parts salesperson job description is only the start of finding the right person for the job. Once you have polished your posting, it is time to share this information with the hundreds of interested job seekers.
You can successfully inform candidates about an opening by handing out flyers on a university campus, advertising on a social media platform, using referrals and posting directly to your website. Online job boards are another valuable tool for recruiters hoping to make their posting available to many people in a short period of time. See the value of being able to post jobs for free by using MightyRecruiter to help you spread the word about an exciting opening.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
• Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
• Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
• Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!
Get a professional, candidate-centric job description quickly & easily with MightyRecruiter