It takes a staff of talented and dedicated people to help a business grow and succeed. The top candidates are attracted to the top companies, though. Once you get momentum going in your hiring, you will continue drawing in applications from the best talent in the field. How do you start the momentum, though? It can be difficult to wade through countless resumes from applicants who don’t have the right qualifications. There are a few things you can do to jumpstart your hiring process, though. A big part of attracting great applicants is posting a great job description. If you aren’t sure how to write one, we have a Patient Transportation Manager Job Description Sample outlined below to help.
Patient Transportation Manager Job Description Sample
This Patient Transportation Manager job description sample includes some of the most basic tenets that should be included in your posting. You can glean inspiration, customize your own contents and write a posting that positively represents the position you are hiring for.
Patient Transportation Manager Job Summary
As Patient Transportation Manager, you will be responsible for supervising the staff who pick up, drive and drop off patients at various locations. You will oversee the team and ensure their satisfactory performance, and you will also recruit, hire and train new driver employees. You will oversee all aspects of the patient transportation experience and interact with drivers, patients, facility medical staff and patients’ guests. The Patient Resources department will oversee your position, and you will report to the head of the department.
Patient Transportation Manager Job Responsibilities and Duties:
- Propose annual budget for patient transportation needs
- Receive, record and respond to feedback from patients and patients’ guests
- Coordinate schedules for drivers and patients needing transportation
- Recruit and train all newly employed drivers
- Develop safety protocol for all drivers to abide by
- Conduct reviews with drivers to ensure they continually perform satisfactorily
- Ensure all vehicles are safe, clean and legally compliant
- Arrange maintenance and repairs on vehicles as necessary
- Coach and discipline drivers as necessary
- Gather, record and interpret data regarding patient transportation
Patient Transportation Manager Skills and Qualifications
- Associate’s Degree or higher
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Prior experience in customer service or health care preferred
- Three or more years of management experience required
- Ability to hire and train employees
Sunview Senior Living provides its clients with top-of-the-line assisted living care and live-in nursing care. We have been awarded the Wilson County Gold Seal of Excellence in the nursing home category for the past three years in a row. There are several reasons we’ve earned this honor, including our state-of-the-art facility, wealth of activities for residents and generally positive environment. Above all else, though, our excellence relies on the dedication of our entire staff, and it’s why we are the top choice for seniors who need assistance with daily tasks. We go above and beyond what may be considered standard, and we aim to provide for each of our patient residents with the level of compassionate care a family might provide. Each of our employees is integral to this objective, so we offer attractive benefits packages, competitive salaries and opportunities to advance within our structure.
Patient Transportation Manager Job Responsibilities
The section of a patient transportation manager job description in which you describe the responsibilities of this role is critical for attracting qualified candidates. Try to provide prospective applicants with a profile of the position in the form of a bullet-pointed list. Include no more than eight duties, make this list as precise as possible and begin every line with a specific action verb.
When you give jobseekers an accurate, clear and detailed sense of the daily requirements of this job, they will be better poised to determine whether they should apply. The job responsibilities section of a patient transportation manager job description should be easy for prospective applicants to read and understand. These details can also help applicants write resumes tailored for this position.
Here are several general patient transportation manager job responsibilities to get you started:
- Maintain up-to-date records including the locations of patient residences and the most direct routes to care and rehabilitation facilities or hospitals
- Recruit, screen and retain responsible and safe drivers to provide regular transportation for patients without other reliable means for getting to appointments
- Consult with patients to establish schedules for pick up to ensure that they arrive at the correct location for appointments and at the scheduled time
- Oversee vehicle repair and fleet maintenance
Patient Transportation Manager Job Specifications
Jobseekers need to know what is required for an open position prior to applying. The job qualifications and skills section in a patient transportation manager job description will likely be shorter than the section devoted to responsibilities, but it should be just as specific.
Use bullet points to organize this list of specifications. Once again, you will want to address one requirement per line and prioritize the most essential qualifications for this role. If you are not sure where to set the bar, consult with the head of your company or department to determine the most desirable background and level of experience for a patient transportation manager.
Start by listing the absolute requirements for this position, including education or training and experience. If there are any general skills that you want to list, include these in the main list of specifications in the patient transportation manager job description. Consider mentioning any optional or preferred abilities below the primary list.
Read over the following patient transportation manager job specifications to get a clearer sense of what to include in your job description:
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- 2-3 years of experience in a related occupation such as dispatching
- Leadership or management experience
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills that extend to email and telephone use