When you’re looking for fill an open position quickly, you don’t want to have to sort through a mess of applications from the wrong region or under qualified. To help you craft a winning job listing, look over the Peoplesoft Architect job description sample below.
Peoplesoft Architect Job Summary
As a Peoplesoft Architect, you will be responsible for improving overall efficiency and business processes through the development of ERP methods. Furthermore, you will engineering and implement these methods throughout the business as needed. You will also be responsible for managing, validating and maintaining system performance.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Develop your ERP method based on identifying key drivers for growth, revenue, project scope and product development; diagnosing current work process issues; analyzing cost versus benefit; planning full project life cycle.
- Integrate core operations and objectives for customer service, production, transportation, finance, sales, marketing, filling orders and human resource activities.
- Integrate solutions across functional lines and layers.
- Establish collaborations with partners and global ERP structure.
- Find Peoplsoft solutions for these ERP needs: database, security, failsafe, networking, computer platform, disaster recovery, systems integration.
- Recommend solutions for documenting, controlling, uploading, configuring, programming, diagnosing, downloading, tools and utilities.
- Prepare development procedures and workflow rules including alerts, procedures, triggers and integration standards.
- Build and design a data warehouse and complete data migration.
- Define metrics and validation methods for system success and conduct tests to find potential problems.
- Manage project team through monitoring progress, establishing milestones, communication important project updates, coordinating tasks, coordinating with supervisors, reviewing any issues, briefing teams during meetings.
- Provide customer service through answering client inquiries, resolving product issues, communicating ERP plan and methods and providing support as needed.
- Give clients training needed to effectively take over management of their new ERP systems and re-training as necessary.
- Actively network and seek ERP solutions opportunities for the company.
- Actively seek to improve professional knowledge by staying updated with industry changes.
Peoplesoft Architect Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher
- 5+ years of experience
- Proficient with Peoplesoft programs including Financials and HRMS
- Excellent Peoplesoft software development and implementation abilities
- Experience with ERP implementation
- Analytical mindset
- High attention to detail
- Understands the demands of network maintenance
At Fluid Connect, we specialize in helping businesses manage their resources with cutting edge ERP technology. As experienced ERP professionals, we understand how efficient resources management can make or break a business. Luckily with recent advances in business software, we can help companies automate many of their back office tasks, which simultaneously decreases the risk of error and benefits their bottom line.
Who do we serve at Fluid Connect? Everyone! When we started, we specialized in small enterprises with limited funding and too many back office tasks. We enjoy help these smaller businesses make the most of their resources as they grow and transition. However in the past 5 years, we’ve taken on several national clients and we’re proud to have just signed with the international banking conglomerate, Golden Bar International. After 15 years in the business, we can see no way but up and we are looking for like-minded professionals to join our team.
Best Practices for Writing a Job Description
- As you write your job description, you’ll want to observe the best practices, so you can be sure to stay on track. Use the tips below as you write:
- Think like your ideal hire. What phrases is this professional typing into the search bar? What kind of tasks are they expecting? What kind of company culture do they want to work in? Cater your description to your ideal hire.
- Stay succinct, but descriptive. Your reader should have a clear idea of what your position entails without having to spend more than a minute or so on reading. Make the most of your words and try to stay under 700 words total.
- Be inviting. Try to avoid sounding cold or having a totally bare bones description. Don’t go against your company culture, but do be a bit lively.
- Use bullets. Remember how you want your description to be easy to read? Bullets and short phrases are very easy to scan and they make the most of your space.
- Address the candidate as “you.” When the candidate reads “you,” he or she will unconsciously imagine doing the tasks and working for the company. That’ll help you convince them to apply.
PeopleSoft Architect Job Responsibilities
When working on a PeopleSoft architect job description, you need to spend time crafting a solid and meaty job responsibilities section. Here is where job candidates learn the details on what employers expect of them on a daily basis. Use clear, concise language so jobseekers understand what the job entails. A well-written job description weeds out unqualified candidates so the best ones are those able to perform the job duties.
To review some of the tips on this page, make sure to put bullet points when writing for the job responsibilities part of your PeopleSoft architect job description. This is a good tip because it makes it easier for candidates to peruse the list to see if they have the necessary skills for the position. Begin each bullet point with a strong action verb and keep to between five and eight points for each position.
Here are some examples of PeopleSoft architect job responsibilities:
Generates architectures, system documents, testing analyses and risk assessments to ensure meeting client needs Design, develop and test production enhancements and fixes that follow specificationsCreate documentation supporting system code, design and testing Propose business process improvements to application environment, such as increasing standardization, improving performance and reducing complexity
PeopleSoft Architect Job Specifications
Use the skills and qualifications portion of your PeopleSoft architect job description to help potential job candidates understand the requirements for the job. Providing the exact specifications is the first step in eliminating underqualified or overqualified applicants so you can avoid overfilling your email inbox and minimize the number of applicants who are not qualified for the position. Be sure to discuss these specifications with the hiring managers or leadership to know which are mandatory versus those that are nice to have. You can then separate between essential and preferred specifications on the PeopleSoft architect job description, and jobseekers can easily decide whether they are truly eligible for the position. This section may be simple to write, but it is of major importance.
Here are some PeopleSoft architect job specifications you may wish to include in your job posting to find stellar candidates for the position:
Minimum of seven years’ technical and application development experience with PeopleSoft Financials or similar HR applicationsMinimum of three years’ worth of experience using PeopleSoft Integration tools to build interfaces with PeopleSoft and similar systemsAt least four years’ experience in PeopleSoft AdministrationOne year of experience in configuring one Single sign-on between PeopleSoft applications and LDAP