Personal financial advisors discuss with clients their financial goals and provide advice on how they can be attainable. Advisors put together financial plans that may include savings goals, investments, insurance policies, estate planning, college savings and retirement. Financial advisors may research stock opportunities and help with both long- and short-term goals.
When writing a personal financial advisor job description, keep in mind that there are a number of qualities that are important for a personal financial advisor to have. Because they are always working with numbers, math skills are important. Advisors also must be analytical in order to look at economic trends and determine risk levels.
Interpersonal skills are important, as building relationships with clients is a big part of the job. It also helps to be able to communicate well and have strong sales skills. The following example will help determine what it takes to create a great personal financial advisor job description.
Personal Financial Advisor Job Summary
If you are highly motivated and professionally trained to help others manage their money, our company offers the ideal environment in which to do so. While we provide the training and resources, you will be given the freedom to attract new clients and design plans and portfolios specifically to fit their needs. You will have the opportunity to market in a variety of ways, including providing financial seminars, attending networking groups, cold-calling and asking for referrals from current clients. This is the perfect position for someone who is self-motivated, likes to reach goals and likes to work with minimal supervision.
- Consult with clients to determine their combined income, tax status, current and future expenses, insurance coverage, risk tolerance, financial objectives and retirement goals
- Partake in marketing strategies, such as daily cold-calling, weekly referral events and monthly financial seminars, to recruit and maintain a strong client base
- Recommend financial strategies and services, such as investments, insurance coverage, cash management and savings
- Review clients’ accounts on a regular basis to determine reassessment plans when necessary
- Research investment opportunities that would be compatible with clients’ goals, making recommendations based on professional opinion
- Prepare client reports on a monthly basis and interpret the information as needed for clients’ understanding
- Meet with clients’ accountants, attorneys, investment bankers, trust officers or other advisors in order to fully understand what is included in their diverse portfolios
- Monitor financial markets and advise clients based off changes
- Refer clients to professional accountants or attorneys for tax or estate planning purposes
Job Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree
- On-the-job training
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to met strict deadlines
- Skilled with Microsoft Word, Excel and e-mail
- Certified Financial Planner (CFP) certification
- Experience with customer relationship management (CRM) software
- Experience with Financial analysis software
When looking for the right person for the job, creating an effective personal financial advisor job description is just the first step. It is also extremely important to post your job description in a place that will attract the right people who have the right qualifications.
There are a variety of platforms you can take advantage of when figuring out where to post your job description. Social media networks are good for getting your job description out to many people, and word-of-mouth referrals from friends, employees and past colleagues can also be a good way. Posting the job on multiple job boards is also a good idea, but this can be very time-consuming. To save you time, you can post jobs for free using MightyRecruiter.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
• Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
• Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
• Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!
Get a professional, candidate-centric job description quickly & easily with MightyRecruiter