Pest control workers are responsible for inspecting buildings and the surrounding property for signs of insects, rodents and other pests. They determine which treatment is best and use the proper baits or traps to remove them. Pest control workers also create barriers to prevent insects and rodents from re-entering.
When creating your pest control worker job description, list the most important qualities you look for in an employee. Because they work with pesticides and other chemicals, a pest control worker should be detail-oriented and able to closely follow instructions to prevent harm to people, pets and the environment.
Pest control workers must also have the physical stamina to be on their feet for long periods of time, deal with uncomfortable heat or cold when necessary and have excellent bookkeeping skills. To learn which information to include in your description, consult the following pest control worker job description template.
Pest Control Worker Job Summary
Are you looking for a challenging career that will keep you on your toes? Would you like to help families and business owners ensure their properties are safe, beautiful and free of insects and rodents? We are seeking a talented individual who wants to use his or her knowledge of pest control to keep our city beautiful. As a self-starter, you will spend your days traveling to appointments and meeting with customers to assess their pest problems and decide on a treatment plan. Use your creativity and expertise to remove the pests and further protect the property from them, and go home satisfied each evening knowing that you have helped someone keep their property safe and gorgeous.
- Inspect commercial and residential buildings and the surrounding property to identify the type and source of infestation, determine how much damage has been done and secure access to the infested locations
- Measure the dimensions of the infested area to calculate the requirements for fumigants, and provide the client with an estimated cost for service
- Develop treatment plans and prevention methods to remove pest problems for clients and reduce the risk of re-infestation
- Provide clients with safety warnings and other directions regarding leaving the premises or covering sensitive furnishing and other items during the treatment process
- Treat rooms, furnishings, wood, clothing, ditches and surrounding grasslands and trees by spraying powders, gasses or other chemical solutions on affected areas
- Direct and assist co-workers during the extermination process to remove or eliminate insects, rodents or weeds
- Remove dead insects, rodents and weeds, and ensure the premises are free of all treatment chemicals and equipment before leaving the job site
Job Skills & Qualifications
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Driver’s license required
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds regularly
- Ability to stand, walk, crouch and climb for long periods of time
- Must be able to pass a background check
- Experience preferred
While an excellent pest control worker job description is important for bringing in the type of employees you want for your company, do not forget the importance of placing your ad in the right place. You want to ensure as many good candidates for the position as possible are able to find your posting.
Although job boards are a great place to post your ad, don’t forget to consider other sources as well. Potential employees often look at a company’s website when searching for a job, so be sure to create an excellent page about careers. Social media is also popular among job seekers. If you would like to get started with free job postings, MightyRecruiter can help you post to hundreds of job boards all at once to save valuable time.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
• Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
• Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
• Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!
Get a professional, candidate-centric job description quickly & easily with MightyRecruiter