The most effective pesticide handler job description starts with the basic duties of the position. Pesticide handlers work in the landscaping industry and focus on mixing and applying chemicals to keep pests away. Their role goes beyond just insect control; they also apply fertilizer, fungicide and other materials to plants.
There is no need for any type of diploma or educational certificate for this job. Pesticide handlers may have experience in the industry or are trained on the job once hired. Companies may also need to hire pesticide handlers who are licensed by the state.
Many businesses look to hire someone who seeks further advancement in landscaping. Individuals in this role should also be fit enough to maneuver in a variety of physical settings and be skilled with customer service. Look at the pesticide handler job description template below for more help.
Pesticide Handler Job Summary
Do you have a passion for plant life and an appreciation for arbors and nurseries? If this describes you, we are looking for you to join our landscaping team as a pesticide handler. Once hired, you would immediately start training in preparing the chemicals we use to keep our customers’ yards and plants healthy. You would exercise your skills to monitor the condition of trees, flowers, shrubs and grass on our clients’ properties, and apply regular treatments to help with pest control, fungus or disease prevention. If you have been looking for a position in a non-traditional setting that lets you work with nature and get a bit dirty, this may be for you.
- Formulate ingredients for common pest control treatments, fertilizing nutrients and disease-prevention routines for various species of plant life
- Load chemical sprayers with the appropriate amount of treatment ingredients, and ready devices such as backpack spray equipment for customer landscaping appointments
- Operate special spraying devices and manipulate nozzles, hoses and tubes during chemical treatments of lawns and other plants
- Apply pesticide formulas to client lawns, gardens and other landscaping layouts to assist with insect problems and promote healthy growth
- Determine problems with lawns, trees and other plants in a customer’s yard by identifying cases of disease or fungus and developing an appropriate treatment plan
- Monitor insect seasonal activity in the region by observing signs of infestations and reviewing additional outside data about habitat
- Organize inventory of spraying equipment, pesticide chemicals and other lawn care treatments in the company’s office and storage building
- Clean and inspect all chemical pesticide spraying tools to ensure each device meets all required safety and hazardous materials regulations
Job Skills & Qualifications
- Ability to obtain or possession of a state license for pesticide handling
- Physical stamina and endurance working in extreme temperatures outside
- An understanding of all safe chemical handling regulations
- Capable of delivering top customer service
- One or more years of experience in landscaping
- Completion of a certificate program in pesticide application
Once you’ve found success writing your pesticide handler job description, you should plan your method of sharing your job opening. Finding the right person to join your company may require a little legwork on your part.
Potential applicants may scour the internet for attractive career prospects, such as your website, social media accounts and hundreds of available job boards. Workers in this field may also connect with friends and family members who know about potential openings on a landscaping crew or at a facility that has extensive grounds. The best way to get the word out quickly and effectively is to focus your posting strategy on the internet. With a tool such as MightyRecruiter, you can post to free job boards and get better results in less time than doing it yourself.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
• Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
• Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
• Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!
Get a professional, candidate-centric job description quickly & easily with MightyRecruiter