PHP developers create and design web programming. Some common tasks can include meeting with clients to discuss their programming needs, writing code for websites, testing website applications, working with graphic designers to determine website layout and monitoring web traffic.
There are certain qualities that good PHP developers possess, and these should be included in your PHP developer job description. Developers must be very detail oriented because one little error could cause issues with an entire webpage. They also must be able to concentrate for long periods of time to write involved code.
PHP developers should be creative and also able to interact with people in a polite and communicative way. If you are wondering how to include these qualities and other important elements naturally in your PHP developer job description, consult the following example.
PHP Developer Job Summary
Do you take pride in your web development ability? Would you like to use your skills in an energetic atmosphere? We are looking for the right PHP developer for our team. Working closely with the development team lead, you will be able to work independently to create code and add value to the project team. You will be working with a team of hardworking, creative programmers and developers, and as a result you will have the opportunity to grow professionally and refine your skills. We reward hard work with a healthy salary, annual bonuses, an employer-matched 401k, health and dental insurance.
- Build, test and set up cutting-edge website applications in an efficient matter; work with other developers to fill data acquisition requirements
- Identify and fix CSS, HTML and scripting compatibility issues between a variety of platforms and browsers; test websites on different browsers and mobile device browsers; correct problems identified by customer feedback
- Investigate and discover architectural considerations, such as web usability, site performance and database design, as part of the system design process; research and assess implementation alternatives for new application features
- Collaborate and communicate with development teams and management to resolve conflicts, prioritize needs, choose solutions or develop content criteria
- Develop procedures for ongoing website revision; recommend performance improvements; create and refine style guidelines for website content; select design tools, programming languages or applications
- Provide detailed explanations of website specifications, such as activities, software, product features, programming languages, communication protocols and operating systems hardware and software
- Remain up to date about current programming practices and web technologies through reading, continuing education opportunities or participation in professional workshops, groups or conferences
Job Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree
- Demonstrated attention to detail
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience in the direct marketing industry
- Photoshop or any design tool experience
- Familiar running a NGINX and Apache web server
Finding the perfect candidate is a process, and writing a detailed PHP developer job description is just the start. You also need to highlight the available position in different areas where potential applicants will see it. Some common locations to place the ad are your company’s website, LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter. It is also a good idea to ask your employees and industry colleagues to let their contacts know about the job.
Many jobseekers also check out online job boards when looking for the perfect position. It usually doesn’t cost anything to post to these boards, but there are hundreds of them and it can take a lot of time if you choose to place your job description on all of them. Use your time wisely and have MightyRecruiter post to free job boards for you.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
• Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
• Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
• Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!
Get a professional, candidate-centric job description quickly & easily with MightyRecruiter