Physical therapist aides are imperative in expediting the process of moving patients between stations, maintaining cleanliness and preparing equipment for use. Aides follow instructions and consult patient records to gather all the supplies, ready equipment and prepare for a patient’s session. They are also responsible for sanitizing treatment areas after use, including washing linens, maintaining equipment and ensuring cleanliness standards are met. Other tasks include helping navigate patients between stations and participating in scheduling management.
Because personal interaction is frequent in this profession, interpersonal communication and compassion are important skills to list in your physical therapist aide job description. Competencies like the ability to follow instructions, decipher patient needs and attention to detail are also essential.
Aides who possess dexterity and strong physical stamina are able to perform tasks more efficiently. The physical therapist aide job description below illustrates what other information you could include.
Physical Therapist Aide Job Summary
As a physical therapist aide in our outpatient facility, you will get to combine character traits like compassion and patience with skills like interpersonal communication and dexterity to facilitate treatments. Whether you are preparing equipment, sanitizing linens or scheduling patient visits, you will have a continuous chance to develop valuable skills, including organization and time management. As you interact with patients through scheduling appointments or assisting in transfers between treatment stations, you will have the opportunity to provide emotional support and encouragement to the individuals you work with. If you are looking for a job where you can help others and work as part of a hard-working team, this job could be just the one for you.
- Prepare treatment stations according to patient needs by gathering supplies and resources, prepping equipment and ensuring all materials are clean
- Document the frequency of treatment received and improvements between sessions and record a patient’s goals to assess progress
- Organize treatment supplies for accessibility and convenience and order new inventory as needed
- Sanitize equipment after use and verify everything has been turned off if required; clean linens and prepare stations for use by other patients
- Provide assistance in administering treatments, encouraging patients, facilitating exercises and creating customized action plans
- Assist patients in moving between stations using slings, braces and other supportive devices, and preparing for treatments with help undressing if needed
- Instruct patients and family members about how to fill out required medical forms and releases and ensure each completed document is filed correctly
- Schedule treatments by working with patients over-the-phone or in person and send out a reminder no later than 48 hours preceding an appointment
Job Skills & Qualifications
- High school diploma or equivalent degree
- Interpersonal communication skills, compassion and attention to detail
- Physical stamina and dexterity
- Clerical experience, such as answering phones, sending faxes and scheduling appointments
- Familiarity with using technical equipment
Writing a polished physical therapist aide job description is a great first step in the direction of finding qualified applicants. Now you need to decide what means to use in informing interested job seekers about your opening. Utilizing career links directly on your website can help spread the word internally where you may benefit from referrals. Other valuable options include posting on social media and handing out flyers at a university or college job fair.
Online job boards are another excellent channel to leverage in getting the word out. With a single posting, your description is made available to thousands of applicants. Use MightyRecruiter to get started and post jobs for free in a place that is reputable.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
• Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
• Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
• Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!
Get a professional, candidate-centric job description quickly & easily with MightyRecruiter