Plating and coating machine setters are tasked with operating standard manufacturing machines in an industrial setting. In addition to using the machines to coat metal or plastic products, their responsibilities include setting up the machines, following safety policies to prevent injuries, ensure machines are functioning properly and test the finished products to guarantee they are created without mistakes.
First, your plating and coating machine setter job description should make the requirement of mechanical engineering clear. It is especially beneficial if candidates have experience operating complicated manufacturing machinery in the past. At the very least, they should have mechanical knowledge of the process and understand how a manufacturing environment operates.
Second, your job description should emphasize physical strength and stamina, dexterity, and coordination. Learn the best way to include these qualifications by reviewing the following plating and coating machine setter job description template and hiring guide.
Plating and Coating Machine Setter Job Summary
Are you a dedicated and professional plating and coating machine setter? Put your expertise to good use by joining our dynamic manufacturing team. You have extensive working knowledge of manufacturing machinery and experience operating such machinery. As a competitive plating and coating machine setter, you have excellent strength and endurance and will prioritize critical thinking and attention to small details while working. You will coordinate with other machine operators to meet quotas and will complete administrative responsibilities as well. If you are a self-motivated mechanical expert, join our vibrant team. Advancement opportunities are available to recognize you as an operator dedicated to success.
- Use standard coating machines to immerse products in liquid metal or plastic for specified times to coat them and make final preparations to products before shipping
- Monitor coating machine dials and levels to make sure the machine does not malfunction or overheat, taking necessary safety precautions if anything is amiss
- Remove products from coating liquid to assess the process and make dynamic changes based on the state the product is in
- Adjust the machine settings as needed to ensure the coating process is successful; prevent mistakes that waste time or resources
- Rinse the products in cleansing liquids after retrieving them from the coating liquid safely; operate centrifugal drying machines
- Set up coating and plating machines initially, following the set-up process precisely and making note of any issues that impair safe operation of the machines
- Record manufacturing data carefully at the end of your shift and during any breaks, making note of any issues with the machine and recording the number of products manufactured
Job Skills & Qualifications
- High school diploma or completion of GED equivalent
- Minimum two years of working in manufacturing or mechanical engineering
- Bachelor degree in mechanical engineering
- Working experience in management or leadership
It is important that you keep in mind that the writing of your plating and coating machine setter job description is only the first step in the process. Once you have completed it and polished it until you are confident it will only attract the most talented workers, it is time to advertise the opening by posting the description in the right locations.
The most common places to post job openings are social media and the company website. There is another option, however, that is even more effective. By choosing to advertise the opening on online job boards, more job seekers will be exposed to it and more candidates will apply. MightyRecruiter makes this process simple by allowing you to post your job description to hundreds of boards at the same time. Use our free posting tools to make the most of the machine setter hiring process.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
• Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
• Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
• Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!
Get a professional, candidate-centric job description quickly & easily with MightyRecruiter