Protective service workers work in social services to provide case management for adults and children who may be experiencing neglect or abuse. This position is typically part of a government agency or other provider of protective services. It involves case management and investigative work to determine what assistance, if any, is needed.
When writing your protective service worker job description, you should include the skills an effective protective service worker needs. List specific skills such as assessment and interpretation of evidence, compassion and strong communication skills to make your case for the type of applicant who is best qualified for your job opening.
A good protective service worker focuses on the needs and safety of the most vulnerable members of society. They should be knowledgeable about regulations and able to implement policy with intensive training. You can follow our below example as you craft your protective service worker job description.
Protective Service Worker Job Summary
Are you a caring and compassionate person who want to help teens and children who may be in unsafe environments? If rewarding work in the field of social services appeals to you, please contact us about our job opening for a protective service worker. You will work with a department of like-minded individuals who work under the direction of the unit supervisor to investigate allegations of abuse and neglect in our area. You should be able to protect the confidentiality of each case as you work to determine the validity of any claims as well as to provide the necessary assistance to protect the lives of vulnerable citizens. You will have the opportunity to learn more about government regulations and policy implementation as you strive to improve lives.
- Interview family members, friends and involved parties to verify facts or accusations to protect children and teens in unsafe living arrangements
- Work with court representatives or other agencies to coordinate services on an ongoing basis as long as deemed necessary
- Prepare and document case files from initial intake to review stages to meet standards set forth by regulating party in accordance with legal statutes
- Coordinate in-home services to improve the security of minors or locate and arrange placement on a temporary or permanent basis
- Conduct assessments to determine the feasibility of reintegration into the family of origin
- Communicate with team, service providers and law enforcement agents to provide status or other information for cases
- Monitor the wellbeing of children and teens in protective care as well as identify and organize other care services
- Represent the agency in a professional manner in all communication or contact with other entities and the general public
Job Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in social work or relevant field
- Exceptional organizational and detail-oriented skills
- Interpersonal and problem-solving abilities
- Master’s degree in social work
- Fluent in Spanish
- Previous experience in social services
You should illustrate a clear expectation of any potential candidates in your protective service worker job description. After you have included the relevant information about job duties and qualifications, you may want to advertise your opening in any social media accounts and networks in which your agency participates. Be sure to include your post on your website as well for potential employees who check for job listings.
Rather than spend a lot of time and money finding other job boards to list your posting, you should consider a more efficient approach to reaching more qualified job applicants. Use MightyRecruiter to post jobs for free. You can spend your valuable time on more important things, such as interviewing and hiring.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
• Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
• Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
• Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!
Get a professional, candidate-centric job description quickly & easily with MightyRecruiter