QA analysts are responsible for ensuring products are made to company and legal specifications. They use inspection and testing methods to determine whether materials and building methods are in compliance with these regulations and then accept or reject a project based on the information. QA analysts also create data charts and report inspection and test data.
When writing your QA analyst job description, mention that applicants must be highly organized and detail-oriented. They should be quick, efficient and knowledgeable about the products.
QA analysts must be equally comfortable working in a team or alone. They often communicate with peers, subordinates and superiors to convey information. Check out the QA analyst job description template below for more information about what to include when you write your description.
QA Analyst Job Summary
Are you someone who enjoys finding mistakes and coming up with ways to fix them? Do you get a certain satisfaction out of noticing problems that nobody else seems to pick up on? We are seeking detail-oriented QA analysts who want to put their skills to the test on a daily basis. As a QA analyst on our team, you will work alone or with peers to ensure our products not only meet our company standards but also the standards set forth by local, state or federal law. If you are looking for a truly rewarding career that ensures consumers receive superior products, we would love to have you be a part of our team.
- Analyze materials, environmental samples, stability samples or finished products using routine or non-routine methods, such as visual inspection, to determine quality of product and safety
- Test products and interpret the results by comparing them to established guidelines and making recommendations regarding how and when the company should release the data
- Complete documentation of testing, including recording the testing procedures used and providing equipment logbooks, inventory forms and data capture forms
- Investigate product failures to determine what went wrong, and develop and recommend corrective actions for the company to use going forward
- Maintain cleanliness and safety standards of the workplace to protect the employees as well as the product
- Train other QA analysts in the proper methods for testing products and reporting problems as well as laboratory procedures
- Monitor testing procedures to ensure they follow standard test methods and protocols and are used according to established specifications
- Receive ongoing training to ensure relevant knowledge regarding local, state and federal regulations and to keep abreast of technologies and techniques used in the industry
Job Skills & Qualifications
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Strong attention to detail with excellent time management skills
- Ability to stand in one position for long periods of time
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3+ years of experience
Creating a winning job description is just the first step to finding the right employees for your company. If you want to bring in the most qualified applicants, you must post your job description in places where they are most likely to see it and contact you.
Most employers begin by posting their QA analyst job description on job boards. While this is an excellent start, it should not be the only place you post. Ensure your website has a well-written careers page that is updated as positions open. Some potential employees also look to social media to find out if a company is hiring. There are even job boards geared toward specific industries that are good for posting jobs. To help you get started and save time, MightyCareer will help you post jobs for free onto hundreds of popular job boards at once.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
• Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
• Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
• Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!
Get a professional, candidate-centric job description quickly & easily with MightyRecruiter