Quality assurance analysts work for companies to identify any problems with a piece of software before it goes live. They must pinpoint the source of problems to facilitate fixing them. Analysts also need to identify potential issues while a program is still in the design phase so that solutions can be found sooner.
A natural desire to solve problems is essential. Your quality assurance analyst job description also needs to state how important it is for candidates to have stellar communication skills. They often must communicate with individuals at every level of the organization and convey problems in a manner everyone can understand.
Creativity is another advantageous attribute, because analysts will be expected to think outside the box to figure out solutions. All this and more needs to be conveyed in your quality assurance analyst job description, and this example can show you how to do that.
Quality Assurance Analyst Job Summary
Are you a natural problem-solver who loves examining and reexamining an issue until you come up with the perfect solution? If you are, then a position as our company’s new quality assurance analyst is ideal for you, and it is the perfect career to flex those creative muscles. You will be working for an organization that has over 150 locations spread out across the United States, and you will be responsible for ensuring our websites and apps are always full functional. You will be a member of a first-class team, so you always have people right beside you who have your back. Apply today and put your technical prowess to the test.
- Design scripts, test plans and procedures for new pieces of software and work out any bugs with the development team before it is put into full production
- Detect any bugs or defects throughout the development process, recording what went wrong and how it was circumvented
- Document the testing process to ensure the program runs effectively and that any results can be repeatedly replicated
- Perform software compatibility tests to guarantee programs can run on both iOS and Android platforms
- Monitor the performance of a new piece of software to see how well it is doing and what kind of reviews it is garnering
- Review customer problems or complaints, making any issues that are experienced by numerous customers a priority
- Update previous software elements at least once a month to ensure they remains viable on new smartphones, tablets and other devices
- Work as part of a team to develop new testing tools to make the troubleshooting process more efficient
Job Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field
- Intricate knowledge of computers, electronics and engineering principles
- Strong analytical skills
- Interpersonal skills to build partnerships
- Prior quality assurance experience
- Facility with C++
- Experience working in sales or customer service
Want to use this job description?
Quality Assurance Analyst Job Responsibilities
Finding the right quality assurance analyst for an open position at your company means finding a candidate with more than just knowledge and experience. Those are important traits, but you also want to find someone who is going to be a truly great fit with your organization. That’s where writing clear and complete quality assurance analyst job description becomes important. Analysts perform a variety of tasks across various industries, and finding one whose specific toolkit fits your company is a matter of research and clear writing.
To review the best practices for this section, you need to start by revising each bullet point so it starts with an active verb that makes it clear what is being done. Use concise and detailed language to be as specific as you can, and remember to reference specific tools as appropriate. A complete set of quality assurance analyst job responsibilities should be 6-8 bullet points long, and it should be the largest and most detail-rich section of text in the entire description. Use these examples to help you refine your quality assurance analyst job description:
- Perform quality validation tests on various products in accordance with test protocols
- Document the results of all testing using appropriate software systems
- Maintain laboratory equipment and clean or calibrate it as necessary
- Interpret research and observational data in the process of reporting it
Quality Assurance Analyst Job Specifications
Writing the qualifications and skills section of your quality assurance analyst job description takes just as much planning and care as the job responsibilities section, even though it is more streamlined and less verbose. That’s because it functions as a checklist for the jobseeker by providing an easy to reference list of the core requirements.
For a qualifications and skills section to work out, you need to make sure you have a complete list of quality assurance analyst job specifications when you write. That means making sure you include not only skills but educational and professional credentials as well. It also means doing research such as consulting sources for core skills to include and talking with people in your organization who know the position well.
As you write, concentrate on using detailed language that is clear to the reader. Here are a few examples of skills and qualifications you might be able to modify or use in your quality assurance analyst job description. They are among the most common requirements for this position nationally, so use them as needed to make sure you cover everything the position requires:
- Associate degree in science
- Complex problem-solving skills
- Experience with quality control analysis
- Experience monitoring groups and tracking their behavior to devise improvements
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including strong instructional writing skills