Quality assurance analysts work for companies to identify any problems with a piece of software before it goes live. They must pinpoint the source of problems to facilitate fixing them. Analysts also need to identify potential issues while a program is still in the design phase so that solutions can be found sooner.
A natural desire to solve problems is essential. Your quality assurance analyst job description also needs to state how important it is for candidates to have stellar communication skills. They often must communicate with individuals at every level of the organization and convey problems in a manner everyone can understand.
Creativity is another advantageous attribute, because analysts will be expected to think outside the box to figure out solutions. All this and more needs to be conveyed in your quality assurance analyst job description, and this example can show you how to do that.
Quality Assurance Analyst Job Summary
Are you a natural problem-solver who loves examining and reexamining an issue until you come up with the perfect solution? If you are, then a position as our company’s new quality assurance analyst is ideal for you, and it is the perfect career to flex those creative muscles. You will be working for an organization that has over 150 locations spread out across the United States, and you will be responsible for ensuring our websites and apps are always full functional. You will be a member of a first-class team, so you always have people right beside you who have your back. Apply today and put your technical prowess to the test.
- Design scripts, test plans and procedures for new pieces of software and work out any bugs with the development team before it is put into full production
- Detect any bugs or defects throughout the development process, recording what went wrong and how it was circumvented
- Document the testing process to ensure the program runs effectively and that any results can be repeatedly replicated
- Perform software compatibility tests to guarantee programs can run on both iOS and Android platforms
- Monitor the performance of a new piece of software to see how well it is doing and what kind of reviews it is garnering
- Review customer problems or complaints, making any issues that are experienced by numerous customers a priority
- Update previous software elements at least once a month to ensure they remains viable on new smartphones, tablets and other devices
- Work as part of a team to develop new testing tools to make the troubleshooting process more efficient
Job Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field
- Intricate knowledge of computers, electronics and engineering principles
- Strong analytical skills
- Interpersonal skills to build partnerships
- Prior quality assurance experience
- Facility with C++
- Experience working in sales or customer service
Your quality assurance analyst job description should be catered to your target audience. In addition to writing a compelling ad, you also need to post it to platforms your target audience is most likely to go to when looking for new work.
Your company’s website should be the first place you post the listing, while making sure the description abides by common SEO principles. Social media is another great place, especially if you already have a lot of followers. However, you cannot call it a day until you post the description onto numerous job boards. These job boards exist specifically to help candidates find the right jobs. To achieve a larger number of free job postings, you can use MightyRecruiter, which lets you post to hundreds of boards at once.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
• Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
• Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
• Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!
Get a professional, candidate-centric job description quickly & easily with MightyRecruiter