Quality assurance engineers are behind-the-scenes professionals who combine vigilant analysis with sophisticated testing to ensure a product’s reliability and superiority. Primary responsibilities include setting up and running tests and regulating their frequency, making adjustments or modifications to products and parts before assembly or public release, analyzing test data to identify discrepancies, developing parameters and scenarios and participating in product reviews to gain firsthand feedback from consumers.
In your quality assurance engineer job description, you will want to encourage applicants to be detail oriented, able to communicate effectively and decisive critical thinkers. You will also want someone who is a quick learner and able to manage complex testing software to identify problems.
An ideal candidate will be vigilant and creative to readily notice defects or inconsistencies and develop promising solutions. As you begin to organize and format your content, this quality assurance engineer job description can give you some direction.
Quality Assurance Engineer Job Summary
As a quality assurance engineer, you have the chance to make a considerable difference in the quality, superiority and reliability of our products. Your responsibilities will be centered around analyzing, testing and reporting on a product’s overall function. The feedback you carefully compile will be used to modify, strengthen and better our product line to provide customers with an outstanding result. Whether you are testing parts or components, designing test models and comparison parameters, diagnosing problems or collaborating with your team, you have the unprecedented opportunity to revolutionize our products and processes. If you are seeking a position that will help you develop critical skills like communication and critical thinking, then this job is just what you are looking for.
- Develop tests that are able to effectively analyze product components and yield helpful feedback to identify discrepancies, defects and problems
- Operate testing software and work with colleagues to create parameters and comparison data for improved accuracy
- Collaborate with other departmental professionals to understand client requirements, government specifications and company policies in regard to product development
- Verify that all product pieces and components are functioning as they should and in compliance with blueprints and carefully engineered design plans
- Analyze testing data to determine areas where a product can be improved or modified to better meet the needs of customers
- Resolve problems in a way that honors the company’s integrity, benefits the consumer and creates a higher quality product in the end
- Present report findings, suggestions and detailed data to executive management in an informative manner to help them make better decisions regarding a product’s function and purpose
- Document all proceedings and tests and guarantee that classified information remains secure and confidential
Job Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in quality assurance, engineering or related field
- Detail oriented
- Ability to communicate confidently and solve problems effectively
- Familiarity with various types of testing software
- Experience in creating, setting up, running and analyzing QA tests
With a fully organized and completed quality assurance engineer job description, you have just completed the first step of recruiting the right person. Next, you get to select which information-sharing tactics you want to employ in advertising the job opening. Depending on how eager you are to hire someone, you can use one or a combination of any of the following resources: company website listing, referral programs, social media advertisement and participating in a local or university job fair.
Another valuable tool is online job boards. With the click of a button, you can make your posting available to hundreds of applicants in a matter of minutes. This method is a great way to share your information efficiently and effectively. Get started with MightyRecruiter and experience the benefits of being able to post to free job boards.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
• Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
• Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
• Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!
Get a professional, candidate-centric job description quickly & easily with MightyRecruiter