Quality assurance specialists prevent your company from delivering less-than-perfect products by monitoring production and carrying out product tests. They also address specific customer complaints and enact plans to improve product quality in the future. They may be called upon to address company management if they notice a fundamental production flaw.
Proactive removal of defective products combined with responsiveness to consumer feedback is characteristic of the best quality assurance specialists. They must have close attention to detail and the ability to communicate results in written reports. Your quality assurance specialist job description should emphasize these qualities.
A background in math and mechanics can prove to be a major asset in this field. Your hire should also have the physical stamina to perform tests on a daily basis. Start writing the quality assurance specialist job description that will generate the most qualified responses by using the example below.
Quality Assurance Specialist Job Summary
Do you value customer service and take pride in delivering a top-notch product? Do you love working with others to find solutions? A position as a quality assurance specialist is your opportunity to ensure that consumers are buying the best possible goods on the market. Technical skills and attention to detail are very important in this career, but so is effective communication, so you can be sure there’s never a dull moment. From carrying out surprise quality checks to making suggestions to management about how to make products safer to fielding customer feedback, a job in quality assurance is your chance to do a job well done every day.
- Perform micro quality checks on individual products and macro checks on machinery on a daily basis or as needed
- Apply quality assurance procedures to all steps of the manufacturing process: raw materials, manufacturing equipment, prototypes and finished products
- Compile daily, monthly and annual reports on overall quality and recommendations for improvement, and deliver them to management
- Predict and evaluate customer complaints, and respond to them by improving the quality of products on the market
- Study applicable safety and quality standards legislation, and ensure consistent, complete compliance in every department across the range of products
- Coordinate closely with the production department to schedule routine quality checks, communicate the results and ensure compliance with feedback
- Understand what a normal test result should be, and make judgement calls concerning re-testing if the initial result is suspect
- Lead internal audits and validations to uncover inefficiencies and flaws, and provide meaningful suggestions for improving ineffective practices
Job Skills & Qualifications
- Associate degree in a field related to the industry
- Experience utilizing written technical procedures
- Leadership, communication, analysis and decision-making skills
- Bachelor’s degree in a field related to the industry
- Experience with documentation software
- Three years of experience in a similar role
Taking your search for a quality candidate to the next level starts with a well-written quality assurance specialist job description, but it ends with getting your job post on forums where well-qualified applicants will see it. Your company’s website and social media accounts (Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, Twitter and more) are great places to post the description initially.
To reach the largest audience, however, you need to get your job post onto online job boards where the most experienced and motivated applicants will see it. That process can seem expensive and time-consuming, but when you use the power of MightyRecruiter, you can post jobs for free to hundreds of job boards quickly, saving you valuable time, money and energy.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
• Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
• Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
• Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!
Get a professional, candidate-centric job description quickly & easily with MightyRecruiter