Writing a clear, comprehensive position description is essential for locating and choosing the top talent. Recruiters and hiring managers should not be sifting through stacks of resumes from applicants who miss the mark. A well-written job description by nature will filter out upfront unqualified applicants or those not genuinely interested in joining your team. The small amount of time it takes to create an on-target posting is minimal compared to how long it takes to sort out the applicants who are not a good fit. A Quality Assurance Technician job description sample is included below to help you write a standout position description.
Quality Assurance Technician Job Summary
You will be tasked with improving and maintaining test data, completing measurements, and communicating results and status during and after product suite release. You will be responsible for ensuring product specifications are met and enforcing company SOPs and policies on the production floor. As a key member of the Quality Assurance team, you report directly to the QA Lead.
Quality Assurance Technician Job Responsibilities and Duties:
- Liaise with customer service and production departments to ensure projects are started, executed, and finished according to federal regulations
- Manage point step process review, label and materials review, and QA approval of documentation control, line clearing, and process deviations
- Ensure all staff within the facility follow cGMP requirements
- Create manual test cases, test data, and test scripts based on project objectives
- Perform manual and automated testing, analyzing, and recording related results
- Review end-user notes for accuracy of implemented operations descriptions
- Document defects with conciseness, accuracy, and details to ensure defects are not reproduced
- Provide requested status and results throughout the facility
Quality Assurance Technician Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Food Science, Microbiology, Chemistry, Biology, or related fields
- 1+ years of industry experience
- 1+ year of auditing experience
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Experience enforcing SOP and product specifications
- Proficiency with all MS Office Suite programs
- Expertise in Excel required
- Strong mathematics skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Superior communication skills
Founded in 1976, Angel Industries supports a culture of service, quality, and innovation. Our professionals install precast concrete wall panels for every type of building. We reach beyond just producing quality and timely products and services to our clients. Our passion is focused on creating innovative products and services to provide a healthier, more gratifying and inspiring life for everyone.
What to Include in Your Quality Assurance Technician Job Description
It’s difficult to decide the amount of information to cover in a Quality Assurance Technician job description. For example, are there a certain amount of abilities and experiences to list in the job description? Where are the best places to insert relevant search terms, phrases, and keywords to attract top talent on online postings and job boards? Is it best to keep salary aspects and benefits details for the interview? These are all good questions to consider before you begin writing the position description. Just be sure to include the following key sections:
• Title and Summary – A concise and brief title provides potential applicants with enough information to understand the work they will perform. Additionally, a one or two sentence summary explains the scope of the job and how it supports the mission of the organization.
• Responsibilities – This part of the posting is the largest because it classifies both general and particular tasks essential for success on the job. Adding a percentage of time for each duty provide job seekers an accurate depiction of a regular day on the job.
• Company Information – Highlight your goals and corporate culture. Prospective applicants want to determine if your business plans and environment will blend with their working style.
• SEO – Optimizing your posting with relevant keyword terms and search phrases and terms is key to getting seen. Writing a good position description is only valuable if potential applicants see it.
• Call to Action – While incorporating a call to action may seem obvious, many postings skip over this essential piece. You have to inspire job seekers to take action and apply for the position if you want to attract a larger candidate pool. Use exciting action expressions, such as This job posting will close soon, so apply today! or, We are excited to read your resume – submit it now!
An accurate and precise job description for a Quality Assurance Technician ensures any job seeker seeing it will quickly appreciate the advantages of working for your business.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
• Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
• Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
• Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!
Get a professional, candidate-centric job description quickly & easily with MightyRecruiter
Writing Your Quality Assurance Technician Job Description: Dos and Don’ts
As the demand for the best performers increases, the top talent will be flooded with multiple career opportunities. However, you can write a job description to interest the best talent and prompt them to submit their application. Follow these straightforward do’s and don’ts best practices to ensure your job description is accurate and correct.
• Do list essential functions of the role to present a picture of normal daily activities.
• Do emphasize and highlight your corporate culture and company mission.
• Do produce a precise and accurate job profile including experience, expertise, and qualifications necessary for success.
• Don’t choose a candidate simply because they will accept a lower wage.
• Don’t use biased or prejudicial expressions in the job description.
• Don’t include salary ranges or benefits information if it is against corporate policy.
An uncomplicated application process allows job seekers to get answers to questions quickly and submit their resumes easily. It also enhances the probability of drawing in the best talent. When you post a precise and accurate job description, the result is a smooth recruitment process and finding the best person for a Quality Assurance Technician position easily.
Writing a Job Description Best Practices
- The Quality Assurance Technician job description sample above is a great example when you need a template to follow. However, there may be situations when you cannot find an example to help you write a posting. Below are some essential best practices for those times, along with practical do’s and don’ts to ensure you write an objective and accurate position description the first time and save yourself the headache of filtering through piles of unqualified applicants.
- Do include language specifying you’re an equal opportunity employer. This tells candidates your hiring and selecting methods are based entirely on job-related standards.
- Do familiarize potential applicants with your work style and company culture. They need to determine if they fit into the culture before deciding to apply.
- Do briefly and concisely show the reach of the role. Let the potential candidate comprehend the duties they will perform on a daily basis.
- Do utilize a user-friendly tone. It will assist potential applicants to learn your business’s voice.
- Don’t include anything intimating the job description is a promise or proposition of employment.
- Do state prerequisites and requirements objectively. Include specifics such as proficiency in MS Office Suite.
- Don’t use wording that implies a preference for age, gender, race, or other qualities. This can help you circumvent any illegal language.
- Don’t pick a candidate just because they will work for a low salary. Cheap labor can cost you more than you understand.
- Do list between 10 and 15 requirements including skills, expertise, and experiences. Always include details if the job description is for a high-level position.
The Quality Assurance Technician job description sample above is an ideal illustration of how a job posting can entice top talent to submit an application to work for your company. When you invest the time now to write a comprehensive position description, you will realize a significant return later when you find and hire the best performers for your business.