Maintains quality programs for existing and new products and ensures implementation of quality standards. Works in an FDA regulated environment and reports to management on quality-related issues.
Quality Engineer Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor of Science degree required
- Minimum of 2-3 years of experience
- Self-motivated individual who can take the initiative to complete tasks
- Past success in technical troubleshooting
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills
- Good problem-solving abilities using systemic, logical, and sequential approaches
- Knowledge of and experience with ISO/TS requirements
- Good computer skills with an aptitude in Excel, Word, and other statistical software
- Good team player
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills
Quality Engineer Job Responsibilities and Duties
• Implements inspection plans for new projects and updates current projects as necessary
• Supports manufacturing engineer in process validations, process control, process training programs, process improvement, risk management, and software validations and control
• Develops protocols for validation, evaluates data, and writes reports
• Performs studies on new equipment to establish control points and proper settings
• Serves as resource for problem identification, improvement, and resolution
• Prepares reports to evaluate effectiveness of quality systems
• Provides support for customer representatives in regards to quality issues
• Works cooperatively in a team environment to reach common results and goals
• Works with suppliers to resolve or improve quality issues and to implement effective corrective action
• Develops and maintains quality standards and requirements for development and design projects
XYZ Industries is a global company with headquarters in Trenton, New Jersey. We are working our way up to be a leader in the manufacturing industry, and high quality standards are just one of the ways we are doing so. Our employees are challenged and are rewarded for their hard work. With a generous vacation package, we encourage employees to take time off to recharge and relax.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
• Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
• Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
• Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!
Get a professional, candidate-centric job description quickly & easily with MightyRecruiter
Do’s and Don’ts of Writing a Job Description
While this quality engineer sample job description is a good example of what a job posting should look like, there are times when you need a few more guidelines. The following outlines some basic do’s and don’ts when writing a strong job description that will attract high quality talent.
• Do be clear about what the job entails. Focus on the responsibilities that the job candidate will be performing most frequently so that he or she has a good idea of what a typical day will look like.
• Do make the job posting easy to skim and read. Use bullet points in certain sections, especially the responsibilities and qualifications segments.
• Don’t include salary or benefit information unless your company policy allows it to be publicized.
• Do use the company profile section to help you stand out over the competition. This section should be used to sell the job applicant on why he or she should choose to work for you. Share your story and highlight the company’s services, products, history, and culture so that you attract like-minded people.
• Don’t be afraid to ask for help when writing the job description. Take advantage of content writers, designers, and your marketing department.
• Do encourage job candidates to actually apply for the position. Ask them to apply and make it easy by providing an online form or email address to which to send the application and resume.
• Don’t forget to proofread your work. Check for misspelled words and incorrect grammar. In order to attract an intelligent and professional individual, the job description needs to free of errors.