Quality technicians are in charge of examining materials and products to check for flaws and deviations from original specifications. They have many responsibilities, including reading specifications and blueprints, making recommendations for adjustments to assembly and production processes, determining whether to accept or reject items, inspecting and testing materials and products, and reporting on inspection results.
When writing a quality technician job description, make sure to include the qualities needed to do the job. For example, quality technicians must have outstanding dexterity so they can quickly sort through items and remove the parts they need during the manufacturing process.
Additionally, mechanical and technical skills are helpful for these professionals, as they commonly use specialized tools and read and interpret blueprints and technical documents. Take a look at the quality technician job description template that follows to get an idea of how to construct the document.
Quality Technician Job Summary
Do you enjoy a good challenge and working in a fast-paced environment where you get to work with your hands? If that sounds like you, then you should consider joining our team as a skilled quality technician. In this role, you will get to show off your technical and mechanical skills while inspecting materials and products to ensure they meet proper standards. This is a great position for those looking to hone in on their skills and challenge their abilities as a valued member of a hard-working team. Join us if you seek support, quality training and opportunities to advance.
- Conduct analyses of raw materials, in-process materials, finished goods and environmental samples, checking for quality and that they meet necessary specifications
- Monitor testing procedures and processes to ensure tests performed are done according to item specifications, protocols and standard test methods
- Interpret test results and compare them to the specifications and control limits in place while providing recommendations on the appropriateness of data
- Complete documentation necessary for the support of testing procedures, including inventory forms, data capture forms and equipment logbooks
- Ensure equipment is calibrated, validated and maintained properly and ensure safety during operation of equipment
- Perform routine checks throughout the day to monitor mixing, packaging, formulation and sanitation
- Assist with training new technicians, teaching them the ins and outs of the job and the specifications, standards and regulations to be met
- Assess analytical and testing methods and procedures in order to determine how they can be improved in the future
Job Skills & Qualifications
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Good understanding of FDA regulations and other standards
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Analytical abilities with good attention to detail
- One to three years of quality assurance experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Experience working with quality management systems
Now that you know how a quality technician job description should look and what you should include, you can begin writing your description and be on your way to finding exceptional job candidates. Before you find someone, however, you will first need to post your job description online so potential candidates can easily find it. For example, utilize your company website or social media accounts for description posting. Referrals are another good way to find possible employees.
While the mentioned methods are quite effective, the best place to post your job description is on job boards online. These are very popular, so posting on them will make finding your candidate much easier. While it can be time consuming, you can maximize your efficiency by using MightyRecruiter to post to hundreds of job boards at once for free.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
• Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
• Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
• Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!
Get a professional, candidate-centric job description quickly & easily with MightyRecruiter