Responsible for operating and maintaining radiologic equipment in an outpatient setting. Maintains supply inventory and keeps rooms clean in compliance with OSHA protocols and standards.
Radiologic Technologist Skills and Qualifications
- Associate’s degree
- Current Radiology Technician certification
- Current CPR certification
- 1-2 years of experience preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to effectively communicate and empathize with others
- Proactive attitude
- Strong work ethic
- Ability to multitask and work under stress
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Knowledge of and experience with a variety of radiology and medical equipment
Radiologic Technologist Job Responsibilities and Duties
• Guarantees operation of equipment by performing preventive maintenance checks, troubleshooting malfunctions, following manufacturer’s instructions, and evaluating new techniques and equipment
• Performs client scans and services based off of doctor’s order sheet and the patient’s individual needs and goals
• Sets up supplies and rooms daily in advance of appointments
• Prepares patients for procedures by placing equipment into specified position, positioning patient, and adjusting equipment controls
• Communicates with patient by answering questions, explaining treatments, and reducing anxieties
• Maintains radiology supplies by checking inventory, anticipating future needs, placing supply orders, and verifying delivery of ordered supplies
• Maintains clean and safe working environment
• Performs CPR or first aid when necessary
• Participates in all meetings and trainings
• Maintains certifications and licenses, and stays current with trends in the industry
Medical Facility of Texas is located in Dallas and is a multi-disciplinary healthcare facility. We are a busy organization that strives to improve the health and welfare of everyone who walks through our doors. We are seeking skilled and dynamic individuals to join our award-winning staff. We offer an innovative and compassionate team environment for committed and qualified professionals.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
• Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
• Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
• Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!
Get a professional, candidate-centric job description quickly & easily with MightyRecruiter
How to Write a Job Description
The above radiologic technologist sample job description gives you a good idea of the types of information to include in a good job posting. However, there are times when you need a little extra help, and the following guidelines will outline the important aspects when writing a top-notch job description.
• Use bullet points whenever possible. This makes the description easy to read for those who are just skimming. Bullet points should be used in the qualifications and responsibilities sections and other sections in which it makes sense.
• Be clear and direct when listing the responsibilities and qualifications. Use action words and stay away from ‘often’ or ‘sometimes’ when discussing job duties. The reader should have a clear idea of what the job entails after looking through the job description.
• Use words and a writing style that match your company’s culture so that you attract individuals who would be a good fit for the position.
• In the company description section, include information that makes you stand out from companies who are advertising the same position. Whether it is a start-up company, employees are welcome to bring their dogs to work, or employees get a free membership at the gym next door, include that in your description.
• Always include a call to action at the end of the job posting. Encourage job candidates to apply and include the name of the hiring manager and the address or online form to use.
• Check with your company policy before publicizing information about salary or benefits.
• Use keywords or phrases to place you higher up on search engines, but don’t use them more than five or six times in the posting.