A real estate broker helps home buyers and sellers with property transactions and advises on issues such as price, market outlook, mortgages and other information. The position typically involves soliciting clients for renting, buying and selling homes and properties.
If you are currently hiring for this position, you may be wondering how to attract qualified candidates to apply. Real estate brokers need to be friendly and outgoing, as they work closely with both buyers and sellers. Write an effective real estate broker job description that makes these requirements, expectations and the environment clear.
To get some inspiration, you can start by consulting our example of a real estate broker job description and taking cues from its contents. Following its form and including similar details may help you attract top notch candidates that meet your specific requirements.
Real Estate Broker Job Summary
As a real estate broker, you will help a diverse range of clients with selling, renting and buying homes. The position requires far more than your average sales skills, though; this job demands somebody who means it when they call themselves a “people person” and takes pride in providing assistance to people in some of the most important decisions they will make. Your duties will include advising clients on the general process surrounding real estate transactions and helping them along every step of the way. In return, you get the satisfaction of knowing that you’ve helped your clients find a place to call home. You should be energetic, able to keep up with a demanding market and environment and excited by the idea of applying your sales skills to realty.
- Partner with clients to buy, sell and rent real estate properties within the target market you have identified
- Actively seek and solicit clients by promoting brand, networking, advertising and offering services to potentially interested parties
- Show various properties to prospective buyers and renters in order to showcase options and help them find the right property
- Advertise and promote properties and the general brand in order to attract clients and draw traffic to properties for sale or rent
- Draft sale and purchase contracts for respective parties to be completed upon the closing of a real estate transaction
- Advise clients on best practices in light of market conditions, general prospects and other relevant impacting factors
- Negotiate between buyers and sellers to facilitate agreements that best serve both parties involved and maintain the value of the property at hand
- Ensure that all real estate transactions initiated are in complete compliance with the applicable laws and regulations relating to the purchase, sale or lease of a property
Job Skills & Qualifications
- Must possess an associate-level degree in business, real estate or a related field
- Must have current real estate license in the state you will be practicing
- Three years of experience working in a small to mid-sized realty office
- Experience with boutique realty and loft and condo sales
You are likely to get the attention of some great candidates if you write a great job description. The real estate broker job description template offers some insight into the details and descriptions that can make a good job description into a great one. Simply writing the description is not enough to fill the position, though.
You also need to promote it through outlets that will reach the qualified candidates you hope to attract. You probably already know that posting on an online job board is likely to reach a wide audience, and other online platforms will offer a similarly impactful range of applicants. You can post jobs for free by visiting MightyRecruiter.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
• Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
• Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
• Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!
Get a professional, candidate-centric job description quickly & easily with MightyRecruiter