Recreation attendants can work for a variety of institutions, from senior facilities to aquatic centers. They are expected to lead all the activities, which can include dancing, playing sports or doing arts and crafts.
Your recreation attendant job description needs to emphasize the fact that your attendants need to be excellent communicators. It also needs to stress the importance of being a natural leader and being capable of solving problems creatively.
Attendants are also expected to spend hours at a time on their feet, so they should be in good physical health. To get a better understanding of how to write your job description, you should examine the professional recreation attendant job description template below, which outlines general responsibilities expected of people in this profession.
Recreation Attendant Job Summary
As a recreation attendant for our facility’s pool, you will be expected to provide guests with a fun, safe environment. You will be working directly with the public, so people with friendly, amicable personalities should definitely apply. In addition to regularly cleaning the area, you should be comfortable selling refreshments to patrons and providing safety information to everybody. A sharp eye for detail will come in handy because you will need to be vigilant in the area and correct any potentially detrimental behaviors. You will be a valued member of the team, so you should be flexible and ready to switch responsibilities at a moment’s notice.
- Sell tickets to customers and inform them of any special events we are having that day
- Maintain attendance records and file receipts into filing cabinet, may be expected to help develop new digital filing system company is attempting to implement
- Answer customers’ questions and resolve any complaints in accordance with company guidelines without needing to get a manager involved
- Clean equipment daily, including company vehicles and food booths, ensuring everything meets state regulations
- Ensure pool gets cleaned regularly and make sure a proper amount of chlorine is added on a weekly basis
- Keep track of inventory, order new supplies when needed and record orders to know when they were last refilled
- Be aware of any changes to the environment and inform patrons when a specific ride needs to be shut down temporarily
- Assist customers with special needs enter and exit the facility and get onto any equipment they desire safely
Job Skills & Qualifications
- Good physical strength and stamina
- Ability to multitask
- Good speaking voice
- Able to read English effectively
- On-the-job training necessary
- High school diploma or GED
- Familiarity with spreadsheet software
Writing an effective recreation attendant job description is essential so that people looking for a new job know you have something beneficial to offer. Someone should also be able to tell whether they meet all your qualifications by only reading a few paragraphs.
Even if you write a fantastic job description, it is not going to mean much if no one finds it. You need to utilize all the job boards at your disposal and post it everywhere. However, there are plenty of other places you already utilize regularly where you can post it. You can post it on your company’s website. You could also advertise it through your social media channels because people who already follow you on Facebook and Twitter may be interested in working for you. One avenue where you can post jobs for free is MightyRecruiter, which has been an advantageous resource for numerous hiring managers.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
• Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
• Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
• Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!
Get a professional, candidate-centric job description quickly & easily with MightyRecruiter